luciano_f

How to change the tmainmenu Designer ?

When I open the tmainmenu or Tpopupmenu designer I always have to resize it. I would like to be able to save and restore the Designer size, how could I do it?

I've implemented a routine in a wizard that captures the editor ('TMenuBuilder') using Screen.OnActiveFormChange and automatically calculates the menu size from TMenuWin.FNCHeight TMenuWin.FMenuHeight and TMenuItemWin.FCaptionExtent. That task would be suitable for GExperts if there isn't anything related to this matter yet. @dummzeuch ?

@Attila Kovacs I had started some work in this direction (not just for TMenuBuilder but also some of the other tool windows that seem to open at random positions (Action Manager, Popup Menu Builder ...) but never finished it. If you have got some working code, I'd be willing to try including it into GExperts.

Best way would be to open a feature request on Sourceforge, attaching the code.

2 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

@Attila Kovacs I had started some work in this direction (not just for TMenuBuilder but also some of the other tool windows that seem to open at random positions (Action Manager, Popup Menu Builder ...) but never finished it. If you have got some working code, I'd be willing to try including it into GExperts.

Best way would be to open a feature request on Sourceforge, attaching the code.

I believe I found the solution

I activated several things in GExpert and now it is doing what I need, see

GExpert.png

Edited by luciano_f

3 hours ago, luciano_f said:

I believe I found the solution

I activated several things in GExpert and now it is doing what I need, see

GExpert.png

Hm, looks like I actually finished that work I was talking about, and had forgotten 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

Hm, looks like I actually finished that work I was talking about, and had forgotten 😉

Yes you have done a great job with Gexpert.

Even the formatter is much faster than the native Delphi one

Actually I invested many hours to improve the performance of the formatter. But that was many years ago. I don't know how I found the time for that. Probably by not wasting so much time in front of the bloody TV...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1