Alexander Sviridenkov

Unit dependency viwer

I have tested a little and found, that in somewhat complex structure scenarios, it might overlook some of the units.
See example here, where UPartA.pas and UPartB.pas were missing, while the project compiles and works  fine.

image.png.85b7d98014c9fa95ce005cf208fc7d34.png

T483_TstHclUnitDep_002.zip

If there are units with the same name, would it be possible to find some more details about, where they are located.

Maybe by right click, to get a list of where the absolute paths of all copies are?

image.png.6162c8dc7819eddcffc2ec761a3181e1.png

Edited by Rollo62

18 minutes ago, Rollo62 said:

I have tested a little and found, that in somewhat complex structure scenarios, it might overlook some of the units.
See example here, where UPartA.pas and UPartB.pas were missing, while the project compiles and works  fine.

image.png.85b7d98014c9fa95ce005cf208fc7d34.png

T483_TstHclUnitDep_002.zip

If there are units with the same name, would it be possible to find some more details about, where they are located.

Maybe by right click, to get a list of where the absolute paths of all copies are?

image.png.6162c8dc7819eddcffc2ec761a3181e1.png

Thank, I'll check.

When clicking on unit, folder(s) (at right panel) where it is located became bold.

Ahh, I see.
There was a disabled folder under Embarcadero/Studio/..., that why it didn't show up in bold to me,
but it seems to analyze the disabled folders anyway, that's why it appeared pink in the first place.
Yes, that is pretty much OK.

1 hour ago, Rollo62 said:

Now fixed in build 1.0.0.27

Yes, I can confirm that.
Now it recognizes and also pays attention to the conditional defines, showing only UPartB, perfect. 👍
image.png.9cc804b99a5a4162b01da76fb04cf354.png

Very nice project. Visually I like the first release the most. OK, some Units appear quite far away from the

center in the first release but that seems to fit with the use of them. (more unimportant than the main units in the center)

On the last version and the one before every unit is more in the center but also overlapping and making

some parts of the screen very messy. The extra Unit dependencies screen is now showing black circles

without text  and I don't know what they are.