RCrandall

Looking forward to Delphi 12 Athens support

I have most of my third-party libraries converted or updated already.  I just need this one and JEDI JCL/JVCL to support Delphi 12 and I am good to go.  Is anyone aware of any specific news about D12 support in OmniThreadLibrary?

Thanks, Rob C

57 minutes ago, RCrandall said:

I have most of my third-party libraries converted or updated already.  I just need this one and JEDI JCL/JVCL to support Delphi 12 and I am good to go.  Is anyone aware of any specific news about D12 support in OmniThreadLibrary?

Thanks, Rob C

You can download JCL and JVCL manually and install them in Delphi 12. Just be sure that you do not have another version of JCL/JVCL somewhere in the path.

Although not officially released, OTL supports Delphi 12. Just download the latest version from the github and you're good to go.

Official release will follow in two weeks.

Primož

• Thanks 1

Just as a general piece of advice, when new Delphi versions are released, you'd normally expect to go to the repo for latest source to work with that version. Getting used to using repos rather than relying on and waiting for packaged releases is a skill worth learning.

On 11/14/2023 at 12:38 PM, David Heffernan said:

Just as a general piece of advice, when new Delphi versions are released, you'd normally expect to go to the repo for latest source to work with that version. Getting used to using repos rather than relying on and waiting for packaged releases is a skill worth learning.

And even if the lib is not ready, in most cases it's enough to use package for the latest version.