Ian Branch

Error on Build of rev 4096 in D12.

..\..\images\GXIcons.rc : error : Error Could not open input file D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx120\My.RC [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx120\GExpertsRS120.dproj]
Done Building Project "D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx120\GExpertsRS120.dproj" (rebuild target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx120\GExpertsRS120.dproj" (rebuild target) (1) ->
(BrccCompile target) ->
  ..\..\images\GXIcons.rc : error : Error Could not open input file D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx120\My.RC [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx120\GExpertsRS120.dproj]

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

My.RC ? That's really odd. Possibly an artifact of the IDE generating temp files on the fly.

Hm, just checked out the trunk to an empty directory:

GExperts_manifest.res was missing, but that's a known problem that can easily be fixed by copying it from the Delphi 11 project (and Achim wanted to look into that). Apart from that, it compiled fine.

I just did a clean download of 4097.

D11 OK.

Same failed result for D12.

Done Building Project "D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx120\GExpertsRS120.dproj" (rebuild target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

(BrccCompile target) ->

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

15 hours ago, Ian Branch said:

Very strange; none of the source files tries to include a resource file My.RC. Perhaps somewhere in the include path?

Do you compile on the command line or from the Delphi IDE?

Regarding the missing GExperts_manifest.res:

Please try to remove the line

{$R 'GExperts_manifest.res' '..\..\Source\GExperts_manifest.rc'}

from the end of then GExpertsRS120.dpr file and compile again.

I've no idea why the GExperts_manifest.rc is NOT compiled if the $R directive is below the uses list. If I move the $R to the top of the DPR file; just below the {$E dll}, the rc file is compiled into a res file; if compiled from the IDE.

I'm going to remove that manifest thing from the D120 source for now until I find a reliable solution.

Edited by Achim Kalwa

Just to be sure, I just did another full download of GE. Rev 4097.

Same result on build attempt.

FWIW I don't have any MY.RC on my PC.  🙂

I just committed a change that might solve this: revsion #4098

And for Delphi 11 in revision #4099.

Edited by dummzeuch

I still get this.

Build FAILED.

(BrccCompile target) ->

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

6 minutes ago, Ian Branch said:

I still get this.

Build FAILED.

(BrccCompile target) ->

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Does your path to the GExperts sources maybe contain a space character?

Anyway, I have now moved all rescource compiling to the pre build event (revision #4100).

If the my.rc file was temporarily generated by the compiler this might solve the issue.

I have now moved building the .res files for icon.rc and the manifest to pre build scripts. Compiling from command line and the IDE and  works on my computer with freshly checked out sources even in a directory containing a space character ("GExperts Test") for both, Delphi 11 and 12.

Edited by dummzeuch
  • Thanks 1

Caught me as I was going out the Office door. 😉

If there is/was a space, I didn't put it there. 🙂

Success!!!  GE Build 4102 for D12 builds, installs & runs.  🙂  🙂

Thank you.

I will sleep peacefully tonight. 😉

Ian

Edited by Ian Branch