Ian Branch

Theme or component??

Hi Team,

Win 11, D12, latest Raize components via GetIt.

I use TrzPageControl for my tabbed interface.

With all of the themes/styles I have used so far there hasn't been an issue except for one theme/style.

If I try to use the Wedgewood Light style the currently active tab caption is pretty much unreadable. 😞  See examples.

image.thumb.png.29fbf6945488dde8d0811246a021af58.png

image.thumb.png.64a5101d985aaa26e2523631d477c7c0.png

Is this a theme/style issue or a TrzPageControl issue?

In either case, is there a fix?  I really would like to use the Wedgewood Light theme/style.

Regards & TIA,

Ian

This is like Wedgewood Light style works in a VCL project with the standard PageControl (I dont'have Raize component).

image.thumb.png.58825b9bff824d851043f5fc62b79d99.png

There is not any issue. May be this is an issue of TrzPageControl, but should be see how the style is implemented in that control (or if some design properties of the control are set and incompatible with style).

Edited by DelphiUdIT

I'd say it's the color choices the RzPageControl chooses to use for it's background--partially because it uses a dark one for the tabs, so to make the selected one stand out, it uses a light background, which for Wedgewood, is too close to the font color.

Here's a form using the Wedgewood theme with both the Standard PageControl (on the left) and the RzPageControl (on the right):

image.thumb.png.7c3db630f1c6e8c880149f691088ecb1.png

The Sterling theme looks a little better as far as the contrast for the selected page but the whole form looks washed out (IMHO):

image.thumb.png.46ff581cedd39ea77cf85b08e7c7b0d7.png

The Aqua Light Slight seems to work well for light-colored themes:

image.thumb.png.09facc793d8abab0c98d87a9c13b245b.png

Just try several different themes until the control gives the right balance of colors in your application.

28 minutes ago, corneliusdavid said:

Just try several different themes until the control gives the right balance of colors in your application.

There a several that work fine with the component but I prefer Wedgwood Light for the overall presentation.  Just this one annoyance.

Ian

So here are three ideas that might help:

1. Customize the Color property of each tab (RzTabSheet) at design time (which doesn't affect the sheet's background color, just the tab color).
  2. Hook into the OnChange event of the RzPageControl and set the RzTabSheet's color for the selected tab.
  3. On the RzPageControl, uncheck the seFont option of the StyleElements property. I think this ignores the color that the Wedgewood Light theme would set and uses the Windows standard font color (clWindowText for this element).

Using the third option, here's what my test looks like:

image.thumb.png.4b6a6fe65c70388e95163872cfecb38b.png

Hi David,

Thank you for your suggestions.

Great minds think alike.    I have just finished going through all the Apps implementing option 3.

Regards,

Ian

Excellent! Glad that helped. I just found a similar property in a DevEx grid control a few weeks ago with a similar need/solution.