RDP1974

fmx advanced tutorials

hi,

fmx seems a good technology for mobile platforms

will be a nice feature to add a script interpreter to build the dfm (similar to flutter) instead to drag and drop components and properties

anyway

does exist advanced topics examples eg. to manage directly the canvas, the gestures and events, how to build custom components?

11 hours ago, RDP1974 said:

fmx seems a good technology for mobile platforms

Not only I think, my last pro applications were written with fmx (even for windows) in mind Linux (not MacOS) distribution.

Tutorials ? I don't think there is much.

I wrote some French ones for Livebindings, TListview and building components you can find here, take a look at my blog too 😉

My first steps with fmx were watching all videos I can found from Embarcadero events and others. I don't use all that getit template stuff but think there is something to dig there
image.thumb.png.7e113a1441aa1924c1176f5bea9f2e23.png

And remember there are a lot of samples in demo directory

Fresh retired, my top ten to-do list is to finish my tutorial "writing fmx components  : RadioGroupBox" and beginning a book on FMX Styles 

Hi. You have many repositories on GitHub with a lot of FMX samples : https://github.com/DeveloppeurPascal/Delphi-samples/blob/main/OtherDelphiSampleRepositories.md

The question about a mode to create the user interface like Flutter is a good question some developers ask but you can do it by code in Pascal. Not sure having the same UX than Flutter or QT for the interface is a good idea inside Delphi/C++Builder.

well, 

a good way to paint with FMX, without use components and properties, but drawing directly over the canvas, manage layers (z-order) with applied effects and events?

3 hours ago, RDP1974 said:

a good way to paint with FMX, without use components and properties, but drawing directly over the canvas, manage layers (z-order) with applied effects and events?

if you want to manage everything yourself, simply put an image on your form and draw on its bitmap canvas and if you need layers, use other images depending on the layers you need