gil

funny error message; [DCC Error] E2597 arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe: error: cannot find -lgnustl_static

While looking for a good logging solution for use in Firemonkey Android application i stumbled upon GrijjyCloudLogger

The GrijjyCloudLogger looks impressive so, i have downloaded and installed as instructed and for windows all run fine.

However when trying to test under Android i get error during the linking stage (arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe: error: cannot find -lgnustl_static).

It seems like a general problem that related for static linking to some of DelphiZeroMQ files.

The issues seems simple to solve but I'm new to android development and firemonkey.

Any Idea how to fix this?

Thanks a lot

Full details on how to reproduce the error?

when adding , "uses Grijjy.CloudLogging;" in blank multi-device application on Delphi 11.3, compiling for android-32, i get an error

[DCC Error] E2597 C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidNDK-21-22.0.48361.3236\android-ndk-r21\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe: error: cannot find -lgnustl_static
C:/Grijjy/Projects/ThirdParty/ZeroMQ/Android/zmq//jni/../../zeromq/src/zmq.cpp:163: error: undefined reference to 'operator new(unsigned int, std::nothrow_t const&)'
C:/Grijjy/Projects/ThirdParty/ZeroMQ/Android/zmq//jni/../../zeromq/src/zmq.cpp:166: error: undefined reference to 'std::nothrow'

i have installed

Any Idea how to fix this?
Thanks a lot

Posted (edited)

I had high hope in some of the Grijjy tools as well, unfortunately I must say that they mostly turn out to be proof-of-concept only.
I can see not much roadmap, improvements or long-term support ( CloudLogger 5yr old ) .

Maybe someone can proof me wrong, I hope so :classic_biggrin:

For a logger I can recommend Dave's DeviceLens for Android, which works nicely and is well-supported.

Edited by Rollo62

7 hours ago, gil said:

While looking for a good logging solution for use in Firemonkey Android application

Cloud logging, or local? If local, see this, which includes a mention of Device Lens.

7 hours ago, gil said:

However when trying to test under Android i get error during the linking stage (arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe: error: cannot find -lgnustl_static).

See this discussion: 

As @Rollo62 mentioned, Grijjy Cloud Logger has not had an update in a few years, however I suspect it's still viable as a cloud logging solution.

• Like 1

@Dave Nottage and @Rollo62, thank you very much for the useful information and tips.

Yep, DeviceLens looks the right tool for the job.

• Like 1