bcvs

iOS: Certificate not found in provisioning profile

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with an iOS project:

My distribution certificate expired, so I edited the provisioning profile and created and choosed a new certificate. I downloaded the certificate an imported it into the key chain.

When trying to build the app for distributing to the app store, I get this message:

Certificate "Apple Distribution: <my name> (5U6K78G2E4)" not found in the provisioning profile "4af15d76-933d-45f6-a0bc-4f478c98c7e6". (or similar, it's in german here)

What is strange:

The certificate  "Apple Distribution: <my name>" should not appear in this project at all.

I work with two separate apple accounts: my own one and th one of my customer.

This project should only the certificate "Apple Distribution: <my customer>". Delphi shows this correctly in the project options, provisnioning. The certificate <my name> (5U6K78G2E4) exists an is valid, but it should not be used here.

How can I repair this?

Just on the run but from the top of my mind, I think you can launch Xcode and create an empty project, build it for iOS and Xcode should put things straight for you if your certificates are missing or not in the right place. Then reopen RadStudio and try to see whether it appears in the provisioning profiles (not in Auto mode).

• Like 1

Thank you, but meanwhile I found the reason.

My settings in the project options were not correct. Under provisioning the correct developer certificate was missing. I didn't notice this before. So perhaps Delphi did choose a default or last-used certificate, which was the wrong one.

You should cleanup the expired certificates in keychain. 

Apple dislikes ambiguent certificates there.

Edited by Rollo62