PavelOu

ICS V9.0 - How to use it with Delphi 7 and Delphi XE Start without errors

Hello friends, I am quite new between internet component suites.

I have programmed in my work  many years in Delphi 7 and later at home with DeIphi XE Starter only.

No I have a problem in wireles network communication and I am trying to know more about it.

So I have started with ICS V9.0 source codes, where are offered  some ones started with Delphi 7 .

I can program now with files .dpr, .dfm and .pas only and I have found in the zipped files Icsv90 some samples with these extensions.

At first I have started with Other Demos and with OverbyteIcsPingTst.dpr file.

When I have compiled it (in my system of folders), there were some errors come on .

Can someone from you repeat my compile attempt ?

Edited by PavelOu
Text repairing ...

If ICS is installed according to the instructions in readme9, the samples should compile.  With Delphi 7, you use dpk not dproj.

Beware De;phi 7 is no longer supported, but should still work, Delphi XE is also very old and has not been tested for many years since my license key expired and new keys are unavailable. 

Exactly what error is being returned by which sample?  Please copy the textual error from the compiler, no attached files or screen shots.

Angus

2 hours ago, PavelOu said:

When I have compiled it (in my system of folders)

You can put ICS in any base folder you like, but you must keep the directory structure in the zip file (or the subversion repository). Of cours you may dispatch the source where you like but then you must have deeper Delphi knowledge.

there were some errors come on .

We cannot help you if you don't copy the errors here (no screen dump please, just copy the plain text errors).

Also when you have an error, you should show the code line where it occurs and a few before and a few after so that we understand where it is.

I strongly recommend that you install the latest Delphi Community Edition which is free. I don't see any reason to continue with Delphi 7 or Delphi XE Starter. It is very difficult to support such old version that we don't have any more!

Dear friends, thank you very much for your answers .. I'v tried yesterdey to compile the OverbyteIcsTpingTst1 in my folder long time used system what I'v to attached only, where all files are clearly separated. As I'v manipulated with some .pas files sonner, maybe I could to break original system of ones.

After my compilation only route functions work well, by pings some runtime erros occured .

I attach now my dproj files and txt file with collapsed procedures.

I will try Francois folder style today.

Delphi-XEs-PO-compilation system.jpg

OverbyteIcsPingTst1 - Runtime errors.txt

OverbyteIcsPingTst.dproj

OverbyteIcsPingTst.dproj.2007

Please read my previous message again.  Do not attach screen shots and copies of our files to these messages. 

Even your text file named errors has no error information, just more source code. 

If you want support, you need to report the actual compiler errors, not just send copies of code I wrote back to us.

Angus

• Like 2

I'v tried to open and to compile the first OverbyteIcsD20007Run.bproj from package and  I have done the printscreen of Welcome page what I have seen at first with my life with Deplhi .. so I do not know if I am on the right way to compile some unknown codes . If you do not want to see it, I must let it for me self .

Next I'v simplified Readme9 for my purpose with D2007 and I let it for me, better, too .

So I attach only result from the compile process, but I am not sure if it is the right message, you want to see.

Compiling OverbyteIcsD2007Run.dproj (Debug, Win32).txt

I thought you were trying to build a ping sample on Delphi XE or maybe Delphi 7. 

Now you are talking about installing a Delphi 2007 package, using rad studio 8.0 according to the command line, which I think is XE.  Why???

You should be installing the XE packages using DXeInstall.groupproj as explained in readme9.

Angus

I probably cannot use DXE, as in the Install folder there is no DXEInstall, there is only DXE2Install, so the DXE from package folder is impossible to open ??

Delphi XE is totally different to Delphi 7, the former is a unicode compiler, the latter is ANSI only thus the errors you reported.  XE2 is also different since it supports FMX and MacOS.

Until you have the packages in DXeInstall.groupproj installed, I'm not looking at any logs, since nothing is expected to work. 

If you don't have DXeInstall.groupproj , you need to the proper version of V9.0 as has been explained before. 

Angus

I probably cannot use DXE, as in the Install folder there is no DXEInstall, there is only DXE2Install, so the DXE from package folder is impossible to open ??

Look at the bottom, the end of the list of files in the folder .... DXEInstall is the last ...

Edited by DelphiUdIT

Thank you for your info .. yes, I'v found it, but when I'v tried it instal, there was only message,if I want to change the previous install of D7 ..

and when I¨v tried to use OverByteIcsDXERun, something went, but next new project was by F9 compiled .. and all went as a behind of scene .. on background and only one error messages from compiler was reported.

OverbyteIcsDXeRun.dpk(188)_ W1033.txt

I have possible first succesful message, as I compiled the program OverbyteIcsPingTst1, what I test from my started time, direct from Icsv90 Samples Other Demos when I have click on the OverbyteIcsPingTst1.bproj file. This compile process has started again with message cca The class TPing was not found .. Ignore? I'v used Cancel and then this project was compiled already all files without errors and all functions of program work well. But ..

I cannot visit its dfm file or I cannot find how to visit it .. so I cannot change the desing of this program and add next components. :( .. Where is a problem. I want change it, sure .

Instead of it is quite another system I have used the first one in this time ...

Compiling OverbyteIcsPingTst.dproj (Debug, Win32) from Icvs90 Samples.txt

... but, it was my first succseful attemt to compile a project, unfortunatelly the my next attempts include my second prefered project OverbyteIcsNetTool went into errors .. and what now and next  .....

STOP ATTACHING TEXT FILES AND SCREEN DUMP TO YOUR MESSAGES.

Angus and I already told you to do so several times. READ ALL THE MESSAGES AGAIN.

I won't help you until you restart from scratch and really follow ALL advises Angus and I gave to you.

You are free to do how you fell it, but if you don't follow the rules, you will be alone and won't get any help from me.

Edited by FPiette

The OverByteIcsDXERun package built OK, but a post build command failed, probably because you have not extracted the ICS files into our directory structure, as required.

Building OverbyteIcsPingTst.dpr says Success, so why post it?  We don't need minute by minute progress on your development attempts.  This is not a teaching forum. 

If you only want to run the samples, they are all available pre-built from https://wiki.overbyte.eu/wiki/index.php/ICS_Samples

Angus

3 hours ago, FPiette said:

STOP ATTACHING TEXT FILES AND SCREEN DUMP TO YOUR MESSAGES.

Angus and I already told you to do so several times. READ ALL THE MESSAGES AGAIN.

I won't help you until you restart from scratch and really follow ALL advises Angus and I gave to you.

You are free to do how you fell it, but if you don't follow the rules, you will be alone and won't get any help from me.

Dear Francois, I do not understand to your stops and I do not what rules I have brouken instead of I did not send you my postcard, as I have now only postcards for Easter and post stamps of our presidents, I think not interestig for everyone.

And I am add my messages as I did it in another forums ..

So if there is a rule of forum or your rule , what I have broken or permanently break, pls explain it for me now ..

As you know, I am interested to overuse your components probably into my or us next program, what will solve my problem and goal and do it on my platform of Delphi 2007 now, I will explain in the next message.

2 hours ago, Angus Robertson said:

The OverByteIcsDXERun package built OK, but a post build command failed, probably because you have not extracted the ICS files into our directory structure, as required.

Building OverbyteIcsPingTst.dpr says Success, so why post it?  We don't need minute by minute progress on your development attempts.  This is not a teaching forum. 

If you only want to run the samples, they are all available pre-built from https://wiki.overbyte.eu/wiki/index.php/ICS_Samples

Angus

Dear Angus, thank you for your answer .. but I thing there can be another beginners similar to me and they can be interested about my problem, what they can probably solve as I do it .. so I think I am writing my expiriences for them and not for you .. I know you are already on more next level in Delphi as I am, so if you are not interested to read  my messages, you have not to read them .. but your messages are welcome, sure ..

My recapitalution from yesterday :

I have opened project D7Install from folder ...\ Install in Icvs90 .

Then I'v opened project from folder ...\ packages\ OverbyteIcsD2007Run.dproj

Then I am not sure but I think I'v opened from folders

..\ samples\ Delphi\ Other Demos\ OverbyteIcsPingTst.dproj

And then I'v compiled it with succesful result and I did not solve any changes in program desing ..

Maybe then I'v opened yet OverbyteIcsD2007Design.dproj ...

After discussion with next members include Angus I'v opened the project DXEInstall, what was probably worse idea, as there can be in the libraries some mismatches ..

So then I'v tried to compile next Other Demos with bad results ...

and then and I have found out there is a problem with .dfm files ..

I have some idea what can occurs but I will now repeat my process from yesterday only with Delphi2007,

what I think is by my DXE Starter only more stabil as the DXE finished.

I do not understand to your stops and I do not what rules I have brouken

You ask help. We gave you advises and told you what to do. You never follow what we say.

Start everything from the beginning: download ICS from the Wiki. Read and follow the ReadMe file. Read again what I previously said and follow what I (and Angus) said. Stop changing Delphi version all the time use only the latest you have.

58 minutes ago, FPiette said:

You ask help. We gave you advises and told you what to do. You never follow what we say.

Start everything from the beginning: download ICS from the Wiki. Read and follow the ReadMe file. Read again what I previously said and follow what I (and Angus) said. Stop changing Delphi version all the time use only the latest you have.

58 minutes ago, FPiette said:

Thank you for your help again. But I see you and Angus are somewhere in the Delphi heaven but I am sitting on the Delphi Embarcadero ground and I am not interested to step about a level up. Unfortunately my Delphi is someone not full finished to DXE so its somewhere between D2007 and DEX, so I cannot stay on my lastest version when I am never up nor down ...

If you read my messages, you know I was going under your instruction started by Install folder and so one ..

I have to post my next printscreen with my next expiriences with OverbyteIcsPingTst now .. there are problems between original unziped files and compiled ones .. maybe I did somethig bad and I will welcome your next advice what with it ..

Yes, I did some similar ones today :

I clear Welcome page ...

I'v opened D7Install in folder Install

- the project OverbyteIcsPingTst appeared immediately

I'v opened OverbyteIcsD2007Run.bproj in folder Packages ....

- unit OverbyteIcsFileCopyW was opened immediately , why ??

I'v opened the OverbyteIcsPingTst.dpr project from Sample\ Delphi\ Other Demos\ ...

- Class Tping not found - Cancel ???

- error creating form - OK ???

- and F12 for .dfm nothing

- F9 - compile succesfully , work OK - then Exit and close all

I'v opened the some project from Welcome page

- Tping not founf - Ignore

- direct itself compiling

- message Tping has no representation in form - Remove?

- No ???  - runtime error immediately

So next attempt once more :

Welcome page - clear

I'v opened OverbyteIcsD2007Design.bproj from Packages

- unit OverbyteIcsFileCopyW was immediately opened , why ??

I'v opened the OverbyteIcsPingTst.dpr project in Sample\ Delphi\ Other Demos\ ...

- F12 and dfm OK

- F9 - compile OK

- Ping 1 (sync) ...

- run error immediately .... in the same places as in my first attempt ... I'v already mentioned here ???

Delphi-XEs-PO-OverbyteIcsNetTool-Class not found.jpg

Delphi-XEs-PO-OverbyteIcsNetTool-Error creating form.jpg

Icsv90-OverbyteIcsPing-from zip and DXES.jpg

11 minutes ago, PavelOu said:

there are problems between original unziped files and compiled ones

What error message do you get?

12 minutes ago, PavelOu said:

my Delphi is someone not full finished to DXE

What do you mean? You have an unfinished beta version?

Remove that version and install Delphi Community Edition which is free, you just have to request it. I already told you that several times and gave you the link to request it.

1 minute ago, PavelOu said:

Class Tping not found - Cancel ???

You first have to INSTALL the components as stated in the ReadMe file. Before components are installed, you cannot open any form having one of the component without having the error you see. You need to click CANCEL or you'll have the component removed and of course tons of problems after. Restore the unit (pas and dfm) from the zip!

5 minutes ago, FPiette said:

What error message do you get?

What do you mean? You have an unfinished beta version?

Remove that version and install Delphi Community Edition which is free, you just have to request it. I already told you that several times and gave you the link to request it.

I think I explain it alread above .. and so I will more new in this DCE .. 😞 ..  and what next ? Can I solve my problems with it ?

Edited by PavelOu
..text ..