Sign in to follow this  
RDP1974

64bit designtime firedac

hi

in D12 64bit can be possible to use in designtime firedac components?

actually I use libs ver 6.1.111 32bit and 64bit to connect to mysql ver 8.0.23

8.0.23> drivers to use are mandatory 64bit so designtime is not possible (requiring 32bit libs)

Edited by RDP1974
  • Like 1

No - All the IDE is 32 bit. 

This is a pain when (in my case) I want to work with PostgreSQL as all the more recent versions of PostgreSQL are only available as 64bit servers. So I lose all the (neat and nice) design time execution features of FireDAC.

No real way round this (and there is little sign of Embarcadero IDE moving to 64bit in the near future)

You should be able to do so. I've done for Informix. At design time I use the 32bit ODBC driver while when compiled as 64 bit application runtime the 64bit driver. 

• Thanks 1

@Lajos Juhász  This solution is only possible when 32 bit drivers are available - and it is not doing what @RDP1974 asked (which was to use 64 bit at design time). In my example of postgreSQL the only 32bit versions are now quite old (I would venture to suggest obsolete).

12 minutes ago, Roger Cigol said:

@Lajos Juhász  This solution is only possible when 32 bit drivers are available

There should be 32 bit clients for every database server. I doubt that every application that is connecting to database has moved to 64 bit.

mysql oracle from ver.8 is 64bit only

c connectors dll are inside \lib and \bin folders

(without 32bit version)

the solution of Lajos seems a good workaround (32bit odbc in designtime and 64bit native for runtime)

very thanks

Edited by RDP1974