WalkingAway

[MidWare] MidWare, Delphi 12

Just for education purpose decided to test Midware (with Rio additions).

In general, it works, but:

1) can get it working with SSL - there is no TSslAppSrvClient component. Do I have use "normal" TAppSrvClient instead?

2) lzh not working - MidWare implementation has f.e. EncryptGetBytes method and second param is LongWord (but in lzh.pas wich was found in internet it has type Word).

3) Is this library support unicode?

Can somebody explain me what can I do in order to get it working?

Thank you for trying Midware.

The library doesn't support Unicode nor SSL.

Unfortunately, I do not maintain this library anymore. But you are welcome to update the source code and mail it to me 😉

To make it working, you has to understand how it works... It should no be too complex to update the code for SSL.

Thank you so much.

It is very useful to know in advance what feature is impossible to find.

But itself your framework / libaray is quite good base for simple / educational projects.

Thanks.

Looking at the Midware client code, it is very similar to the ICS TIcsIpStrmLog component that can be configured as a client or server, to send textual or binary information between instances, look at the OverbyteIcsIpStmLogTst sample.

Midware has some special processing escaping binary that would need adding, but TIcsIpStrmLog could replace much of the low level stuff while adding SSL/TLS.

Angus

1 hour ago, Angus Robertson said:

Midware has some special processing escaping binary that would need adding

Well, Midware is much, much more than a simple stream. At the highest level, it is a TDataSet and is meant to be used as middleware in a multi-tier database application.

2 hours ago, WalkingAway said:

But itself your framework / libaray is quite good base for simple / educational projects.

Midware has been developed for professional projects. It has been used for more than 10 year in a large scale application having more than 700 concurrent users on a LAN. Backend database was MS-SQL server. It has also been used it many smaller applications.

Well, Midware is much, much more than a simple stream.

I appreciate that, but some of the low level components like TAppSrvClient could be massively simplified if descended from newer ICS components, rather than being complicated to add SSL/TLS.

Angus

François, thank you for your work.

It so nice that it is open project and possible to get know how it works.

I have builded all the samles and their are working.

My questions were based just in found cooments - those SSL and ZHL features. Probably in some point it was implemented (or was some tryout to implement).

Also was found some comment about unicode, it was also asked.

Thank you.