emileverh

Find computer with port 3306 open on LAN

Hi!

I installed ICS 9.1 today, wowww I am impressed. The demos are very impressive, compliments to the author(s) 😉 But also overwhelming with so much functionality. 

Can you give me a direction where to look for with what is the easiest way to find a MySQL server ( with port 3306 open) on my LAN (192.168.x.x)? 

Thanks in advance, Emile

8 hours ago, emileverh said:

Can you give me a direction where to look for with what is the easiest way to find a MySQL server ( with port 3306 open) on my LAN (192.168.x.x)? 

Just try to connect to each IP in the range(s) using a TWSocket. If connection succeed, disconnect and store the corresponding IP somewhere, then try the next IP.

To speed up the process, you may use an array of TWSocket, each one scanning a sub-range. TWSocket is asynchronous so you don't even need to use threads.

• Thanks 1

As François says, you need to open that port using TWSocket, but it might take a long is you have to try 65,000 IP addresses. 

Build the OverbyteIcsNetTools sample, click the LAN Devices tab, then Start, That uses the IcsNeighbDevices component to build a historic LAN neighbourhood MAC device and IP address table includes ARP and IP range scanning, and reverse host lookup, shows MAC vendor name to help identify devices.  Runs in a thread continually checking for new devices.

The OverbyteIcsPemTools sample has a Test Host Certificates function that uses the TIcsIpStrmLog to connect to a long list of hosts, that could be adapted to ignore the SSL stuff and just open a port for your IP address list.

Angus

• Thanks 1