Ian Branch

'Automated' install of Indy??

Hi Team,

Having installed D12.1 over D12, it of course installed its own Indy version.

I am sure I saw/read somewhere about a a script of some sort that replaced the distributed with Delphi version with the one from GitHub.

Hopefully I wasn't imagining it.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Regards & TIA,

Ian

Posted (edited)

Here some posts about that (read ALL).

The referring page is: https://github.com/IndySockets/Indy/wiki/Updating-Indy

Take care: by now, the Indy github version is not full compatible with Embarcadero distribution.

I should change some things inside (in the posts are indicated, but still confusing ...  sorry for that).

One for all: don't use the automatic procedure !!!😞

After the changes of Indy "clear cmd" about some files that should not be deleted, in my system they are deleted instead ... use manual mode like I indicated in my posts.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with github and so making a replica of the Indy repository with the necessary corrections is difficult for me. Furthermore it is necessary to copy and compile some sources provided by Embarcadero, which obviously I am not authorized to distribute and I can only indicate how to proceed.

Some of these fixes are correctly rejected by the Indy team because they are only planned for the next release (11), and so those are not in the Github repo.

Bye

P.S.: with those actions you'll have the ability use of TLS1_3 and the OpenSSL library 3.1.4 (I use those) and OAuth2 (not tested by me).

I'll try to create a repo and put all things inside with a readme.

Edited by DelphiUdIT

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, DelphiUdIT said:

One for all: don't use the automatic procedure !!!😞

After the changes of Indy "clear cmd" about some files that should not be deleted, in my system they are deleted instead ... use manual mode like I indicated in my posts.

I already fixed that issue a month ago, and I told you that at the time:

Edited by Remy Lebeau

Posted (edited)

Yes, and I tried it this time (I mean now). My apologize to don't advertise you in time, but in my system (with standard installation of Rad Studio, so in "c:\program files (x86)\....") and of course with admin priviledge the files indicated where not backuped ("cannot backup xxx" was the message, the rename did't work ???) ... the files were deleted.

In the weekend I try to understand what was the problem.

Another thing about this topic: in that "cmd files" some changes are needed cause new distribution of the files in Athens 12.1 (some bpl in bin64, new "MODERN" compiler, IOS simulator) . I already adjusted the file, but I should test it (and look for backup issue).

Edited by DelphiUdIT

58 minutes ago, DelphiUdIT said:

in my system (with standard installation of Rad Studio, so in "c:\program files (x86)\....") and of course with admin priviledge the files indicated where not backuped ("cannot backup xxx" was the message, the rename did't work ???) ... the files were deleted.

Hmm, it worked fine for me when I tested it on my system.

58 minutes ago, DelphiUdIT said:

Another thing about this topic: in that "cmd files" some changes are needed cause new distribution of the files in Athens 12.1 (some bpl in bin64, new "MODERN" compiler, IOS simulator) . I already adjusted the file, but I should test it (and look for backup issue).

I don't have 12.1 installed yet.  Feel free to submit a Pull Request or email with any changes needed.

Posted (edited)

Does Clean_<version>.cmd install 32 & 64 bit or is it selectable?

I only do 32 bit.

Edited by Ian Branch

6 hours ago, Ian Branch said:

Does Clean_<version>.cmd install 32 & 64 bit or is it selectable?

I only do 32 bit.

The cleanup scripts don't INSTALL anything. They REMOVE the pre-installed copy of Indy they ships with the IDE. Nothing more. You have to then compile Indy yourself. By default, the projects are setup for Win32 only. You would have to configure the desired platforms as needed.

In the batch "clean..." there was an error ... "ren" cmd is not working if the destination file name has a path. In the normal condition (without extension options) this is an error. So I change the cmd file, including the new directories for Athens12.1 in the zip file attached.

Clean_IDE.zip

"ren "   cmd is not working if the destination file name has a path . 

Thanks, good catch. I'll fix it shortly and get it merged in.

On 4/6/2024 at 5:26 AM, DelphiUdIT said:

In the batch "clean..." there was an error ... "ren" cmd is not working if the destination file name has a path. In the normal condition (without extension options) this is an error. So I change the cmd file, including the new directories for Athens12.1 in the zip file attached.

I have now merged in your changes.  For consistency, I re-arranged the order of the new directories that you had added.

• Thanks 1