Sherlock

LockBox 3 via GetIt broken since April 2024 Update

I made the mistake of updating LockBox 3 for my Delphi 12.1 via GetIt and now it wont install. Reason is they somehow checked in their sources with LF only instead of the expected CRLF. Now the package wont compile and I have no way of fixing this as I am unaware of the procedures needed to complete the installation manually. IDE is set to automatically convert all known file types to CRLF.

I really don't know where to point the search path and/or library. Any help is much appreciated.

OK, should have checked the original source for an installation instruction. https://github.com/TurboPack/LockBox3 it says all I need to know right there. Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.

Which leaves the wrong CRLF settings. They seem to be attributable to a .gitattributes file which looks faulty to me. Delphi requires CRLF independent of native languages or other. So default behavior for text should be set to CRLF and not auto.

7 hours ago, pyscripter said:

This is a common problem with Delphi github repos

It's a common problem for Delphi developers who either refuse or don't know how to configure their Git client properly.

6 hours ago, Anders Melander said:

It's a common problem for Delphi developers who either refuse or don't know how to configure their Git client properly.

Indeed, but Github repo owners can safeguard against that by adding a .gitattributes file.