Sign in to follow this  
McGuffin

Question about DelphiCE

Hi there.

I am using the delphi 11.3 CE  without issue since few months (still also few months left until new license).
I use it strickly under the license term (I am developping freeware on free time), and recently I started to get a warning for CE eligibility each time I compile something. Previously, that was maybe once every month or so.

Is it a normal behavior? Is there anything to do? That seems weird.

Thanks for any input.

I don't think anyone outside of Embarcadero can really know the internals of how that eligibility is determined in code but... are you using CE on a work computer in a networked environment?  It may be identifying your employer or otherwise identifying someone else on the network with a CE license in use.

There's an online list of FAQs available: https://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/starter/faq#tab-ce-faqs-licnver

thx for the answer.
I am using it at home and nobody else is using CE there. No laptop involved either.
I can  still use it, I just have to press ok to the eligibility popup each time i press F9...

I have a private IP, at home. Wifi secured.

Again, I dont see anything that directly tells me that my license could be suspended, and the license is OK on the embarcadero site.
I was wondering if this was a general change of the CE behavior, or if it's just for me, and if I should worry about something...

5 minutes ago, McGuffin said:

I have a private IP

Then it can be that you are in a private network with someone (a neighbor) that uses Delphi?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, McGuffin said:

I have a private IP, at home. Wifi secured.

Again, I dont see anything that directly tells me that my license could be suspended, and the license is OK on the embarcadero site.
I was wondering if this was a general change of the CE behavior, or if it's just for me, and if I should worry about something...

I remember another post with a similar issue that turned out to be linked to the size of the project (number of units, forms, something like that).

Do you get the same message if you start the IDE with no project open (-np command line switch if memory serves)?

Edited by PeterBelow

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PeterBelow said:

I remember another post with a similar issue that turned out to be linked to the size of the project (number of units, forms, something like that).

oh that could be this...

The project I am working on is now quite large... I started it more that 10 years ago on a free delphi 7 IDE.

Oh well, at least i still can work on it apparently, it's too late to move it back to an older delphi.

Also I tried an another small project and I didnt get the popup.

edit1: i get no warning with -np command

edit2: If I disable mad except, the popup also disappear. That seems to confirm the issue is related to the size.

Edited by McGuffin