silvercoder79

My YouTube Channel - The Silver Coder

Hi Everyone,

My name is Tim and have been using Pascal forever (among other languages) since the 90s. For a variety of reasons I've transitioned (/transitioning) into tutoring and mentoring, and have launched a YouTube channel dedicated to all things Delphi. My first video, "Starting an Adventure with Delphi," is here - 

In the future, I'm planning to cover a range of topics, including:

- Building modern Delphi applications for FireMonkey

- Essential data structures for Delphi developers

- Tips for debugging those tricky Delphi problems

I'm really passionate about keeping Delphi alive and well. Whether you're a complete beginner or a seasoned developer looking to brush up your skills, I hope you'll find something valuable on my channel. Let me know what you think - especially if you have any topic suggestions!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

@silvercoder79 Hi Tim!

I think it is great that you share your experiences with our favorite language!

There seems to be a small influx of new faces at the moment, so the better an education they can have, the better it is for the community!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Been away for a few days with limited access... 

Thank you for your kind words. I have a new video tomorrow and the code has explanatory notes this time. I am playing around a little with content to make it useful for everyone.

Feedback most welcome.

Edit: added last paragraph

Edited by silvercoder79

Hi.
I haven't watched the video but will do for sure.

On GitHub, please don't forget to use some topics like "delphi, delphi-app, delphi-sample, sample-app, VCL, Firemonkey, ..." depending on your repositories. The internal linking between projects is one way to fight for global visibility of our language and project.

@Patrick PREMARTIN - Thanks, I will check into that and make those changes you have suggested!

Hello Everyone! This is the second iteration of the shopping list application, - an educational series in programming with Delphi. The following features were added - (i) ability to sort items items in the shopping list, (ii) styling of the application for a better presentation, and (iii) storage of information entered into the program. Again... next week features will be added and make this little app more useable. Hope you stay for the journey :)