Sign in to follow this  
dmitrybv

Breakpoints in Debug + Android 64-bit mode.

Hello

Should the debugger stop at breakpoints in the program sources in Debug + Android 64-bit mode?
Build Configuration (Debug)
Target Platforms (Android 64-bit)
It doesn’t stop for me and highlights the breakpoint as inaccessible.

Screenshot 2024-07-09 135019.png

Posted (edited)

I have this problem on some my projects too. Some projects work ok in 32 and 64 bit debugging and some not. You have 2 possibilites how to sove this: 1. create new blank project and copy all "old" units into new project or  second way, it works every time - do remote debugging on localhost in 64 bit - it works, but you must run passerver. But it works only for VCL.

Edited by Jirka52

12 minutes ago, Jirka52 said:

I have this problem on some my projects too. Some projects work ok in 32 and 64 bit debugging and some not. You have 2 possibilites how to sove this: 1. create new blank project and copy all "old" units into new project or  second way, it works every time - do remote debugging on localhost in 64 bit - it works, but you must run passerver. But it works only for VCL.

I have no problems with VCL programs.
Breakpoints in all my Win32, Win64 programs work correctly. And the debugger stops at them.
But I can’t create even the simplest Android application (64-bit or 32-bit) in which I could set a breakpoint in the application sources. Although the application is compiled in Build Configuration (Debug).

As far as I know, Delphi does not have PAServer for Android. Debugging capabilities are already built into the Android operating system.

On 7/9/2024 at 12:54 PM, dmitrybv said:

Debugging capabilities are already built into the Android operating system.

They are disabled by default on Android devices. You must enable development mode and then also enable USB debugging. Having them enabled has security implications.       

16 minutes ago, Brian Evans said:

They are disabled by default on Android devices. You must enable development mode and then also enable USB debugging. Having them enabled has security implications.       

Development mode and enable USB debugging is Active on my Device.
I can run App from RAD Studio to my phone.

Screenshot_2024-07-11-14-54-45-163_com.android.settings.jpg