Rollo62

Indy TLS for OpenSSL - IndySockets/IndyTLS-OpenSSL

Hi there,

I'm not sure whether this new project is already known throughout the community and whether it has already got enough attraction.
@Remy Lebeauhas written about it in the Blog here and a separated reposity is available here.

That is very good news that Indy OpenSSL seems to get a little more traction now, to solve such very basic network topics.

I hope that this new project will be a big hit and will take Indy OpenSSL to the next level.
From VCL to FMX across all platforms.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rollo62 said:

I'm not sure whether this new project is already known throughout the community and whether it has already got enough attraction.

Doubtful, given it was just created 2 days ago.

Edited by Remy Lebeau
  • Like 1

In order for everything to compile correctly, there are two changes to make:

1) In the "IdRegisterOpenSSL.pas" file it is necessary to insert the following file "IdDsnCoreResourceStrings" among the uses because it is inside it that the string "RSRegIndyIOHandlers" is defined, which is necessary to register the graphic components.

2) The "IdRegisterCoolOpenSSL.dcr" file is missing .... just copy it (and then rename obviously) from the "IdRegisterCool.dcr" file).

I tried to install with the changes proposed by "@esegece-com" and appropriately modifying the original "*register*" files to also activate the changes at design time level and everything worked perfectly.

A project developed both in design and code is running correctly.

Do not use with the original Athens 12.1 Indy distribution.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, DelphiUdIT said:

1) In the "IdRegisterOpenSSL.pas" file it is necessary to insert the following file "IdDsnCoreResourceStrings" among the uses because it is inside it that the string "RSRegIndyIOHandlers" is defined, which is necessary to register the graphic components.

OK, I will make that change tomorrow. 

2) The "IdRegisterCoolOpenSSL.dcr" file is missing .... just copy it (and then rename obviously) from the "IdRegisterCool.dcr" file).

I added that file earlier today, along with the non-cool DCR, and the LRS for FreePascal.

I tried to install with the changes proposed by "@esegece-com"

Which changes? 

and appropriately modifying the original "*register*" files to also activate the changes at design time level and everything worked perfectly.

That's good to hear, thanks.

Edited by Remy Lebeau

8 hours ago, Remy Lebeau said:

OK, I will make that change tomorrow.

I have updated the repo now.

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2024 at 12:50 AM, DelphiUdIT said:

I tried to install with the changes proposed by "@esegece-com" and appropriately modifying the original "*register*" files to also activate the changes at design time level and everything worked perfectly.

Glad to hear it works, thanks for the feedback.