dummzeuch

Gutter width changes a few seconds after IDE startup in Delphi 12

I have got a curious effect with Delphi 12.2 (maybe it has already been there in Delphi 12.1 but I didn't notice it):

When starting the IDE and opening a source code file in the editor, the gutter (the panel left of the source code containing line numbers and breakpoints etc.) has some given width. After a few seconds that width gets larger by approximately 16 pixels, moving everything to the right.

This happens only the first time after starting the IDE. After that, closing and opening files keeps that new width.

This is on a HD monitor with 1920x1200 pixel resolution and no scaling.

Has anybody else noticed that effect?

Animation.gif

Edited by dummzeuch

Probably depends on the number of source lines. If they exceed 1000 there must be more space to display the line numbers.

53 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

Has anybody else noticed that effect?

I witness this in both Delphi 2010 and XE8 almost always, this visible more in XE8 and when the Editor open a big file for the first time, it adjust the gutter on them all, if the editor has a file with more than 10k line it will be most noticeable.

BUT, 100% sure this artefact from CnPack/CnWizard in my case.

1 hour ago, Kas Ob. said:

BUT, 100% sure this artefact from CnPack/CnWizard in my case.

I have disabled all plugins to make sure it's not one of these causing it.

4 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

I have disabled all plugins to make sure it's not one of these causing it.

May be the approach is very similar between CnWizard Editor Enhancement and newer IDEs, adjusting the gutter after seeing the need to, combine this with very busy system at this moment to cause some delay in update.

Anyways, i was just pointing that this behavior or visual effect is/was there with older IDEs.

On 9/15/2024 at 11:38 AM, Kas Ob. said:

i was just pointing that this behavior or visual effect is/was there with older IDEs.

Agreed. I notice it occasionally in 11.3.