Sign in to follow this  
Fudley

My Delphi 12 screen has shrunk to just the top bar

I've attached a screenshot. I started up Delphi 12 and alI I get is a  top bar 103 pixels tall.

And nothing I do can restore it to its original size. I use GExperts, CnPack and MMX.

EaseUS_2024_10_11_23_38_45.png

If you're unable to go fullscreen (try various ways, such as Windows shortcut keys), check if some other program on your PC might be restricting the window from resizing. If there is no such program, try uninstalling IDE plugins. Finally, if nothing helped, reinstall RAD Studio.

Tried the reinstall route. Ended up no longer registered to use Delphi! 😂. Can't make this stuff up...

I  bought a fairly pricey professional license bought about 6 months ago, but now can't run delphi at all (i try but am told "nope" by a harsh little screen)

Maybe they have a support phone number i can call Monday. .

Anyways, not your problem. Thanks so much for all the suggestions. This is a very helpful  group.

Update : it took an agressive uninstall and manual uninstall and reinstall of delphi, but I'm happy to report I'm back in the saddle. 🤠🏇

I just had this happen to me after upgrading the motherboard in my system. I found that the Windows display scaling was set to 175% not the recommended 150%. Setting Windows scaling to 150% fixed the IDE toolbars being cut off! I didn't have to do anything else. Another high DPI scaling issue, I guess.

I had the same issue by opening some of my D11.3 projects after D12.2 install.

I just clicked and messed around the screen and I was able to get it back to sizeable.

Not sure it was because of the "old" projectfiles..