dummzeuch

What is Shift+F2 supposed to do?

For years I have trained myself to press Shift+F2 to open the GExperts Rename Component Expert. This worked fine for all Delphi IDEs up to 10.2 and I think even in Delphi 12.2 (but I am not sure because I didn't use it very often).

Now, in Delphi 12.2 patch 1, all of a sudden, pressing Shift+F2 on a (VCL) form opens and focuses the Object Inspector .

Is that something that's supposed to happen? Is it documented anywhere?

It's not in the list of Default IDE keyboard shortcuts in the online help.

That one says that F11 opens and focuses the Object Inspector, which is wrong because F11 switches between Object Inspector, the form and the source code as it has done since eternity.

The only expert installed in this IDE is GExperts.

1 hour ago, dummzeuch said:

Now, in Delphi 12.2 patch 1, all of a sudden, pressing Shift+F2 on a (VCL) form opens and focuses the Object Inspector .

For me, it still opens GExperts Rename Component expert; and in code view, it opens the GExperts Rename Components Configuration.

[Shift]+[F2] is still GExperts for me... Tested it from the code view and form view.

image.thumb.png.89240b9443c5938fb2951dc14f435124.png

Object Inspector is F11, which does switch between Object Inspector, form and source code.

image.thumb.png.9dc6b04fbf7bcb58b6fff33c354f3ad0.png

Shift + F2 makes the IDE focus on the Object Inspector and puts a property selected in a certain kind of edit mode. No idea if that feature is a useful one in practice or required, welcome, widely used or whatsoever, since I never came across this keyboard shortcut before.