Ian Branch

E2161 Warning: Duplicate resource

Hi Team,

Pulled up an old App renamed it and re-built it in D2007.

I get the following Messages..

>> [DCC Error] E2161 Warning: Duplicate resource:  Type 16 (VERSIONINFO), ID 1; File E:\DBiWorkflow D2007 Development\DBiManager\DBiManager.res resource kept; file E:\DBiWorkflow D2007 Development\DBiManager\verinfo.res resource discarded.
>> [DCC Error] E2161 Warning: Duplicate resource:  Type 24 (user-defined), ID 1; File E:\DBiWorkflow D2007 Development\DBiManager\DBiManager.res resource kept; file E:\DBiWorkflow D2007 Development\DBiManager\verinfo.res resource discarded.

DBiWorkflow is the new name of the App.

Never come across this before.  What is the appropriate action to eliminate this warning pls?

Where do I find reference to DBiWorkflow.res and verinfo.res in the project files?

Is it any real concern?

I note Delphi says after this that the "Project compilation failed" however it is actually there and runs as expected.

Regards & TIA,

Ian

The <projectname>.res file is the one the IDE builds for the form resources, it also contains versioninfo if you enabled that in the project options. The verinfo.res has to be something you added yourself to the project, or some add-in you use added. Look for a {$R verinfo.rc verinfo.res} line in the project dpr file and delete it. The confllict arises since both resources have the same ID.

Thanks Peter,

There is only a {$R *.res} in the project file so I guess it is coming from one of the 3rd Party libraries.

It doesn't seem to affect the App at all although the 'Project compilation failed. message was disconcerting until I realized it was in fact built.

Something to just put up with I guess.

Regards & Tks again,

Ian

15 minutes ago, Ian Branch said:

Something to just put up with I guess.

Why put up with it. Progressively strip code out until the warning disappears. That will lead you to the duplication. 

Hi Team,

Great minds.....   I found it.  It was in one of the source files.  {$R verinfo.res}

I took it out.  Guess what?  The file size jumped by about 500k.  What the!!!

Anyway, the duplicate warning is now gone.

Regards,

Ian