Sign in to follow this  
Der schöne Günther

Can MMX move a class to another unit?

The IDE offers to relocate a class to another unit by right-clicking under "Refactoring" but - surprise! - it never works.

Does MMX have this feature? I see it has elaborate ways to add to an existing class or even move things around within the class declaration. But so far, I have not been able to find anything that allows me to move a class (declaration and implementation) to another unit. Is that correct?

Edited by Der schöne Günther

You can use C&P from unit to unit in the mmx-explorer. And after all a delete in the mmx-explorer for the old unit.

Edited by Jasocul

Select the class declaration (either in the MMX tab or in the editor) and then do a simple right click - MMX commands - Clipboard - Cut entity (in the source unit), then go to the target unit and perform MMX Commands - Clipboard - Paste entity.

On 10/30/2018 at 1:45 PM, Alexander Elagin said:

Select the class declaration (either in the MMX tab or in the editor) and then do a simple right click - MMX commands - Clipboard - Cut entity (in the source unit), then go to the target unit and perform MMX Commands - Clipboard - Paste entity.

Will all code which used the entity also be updated automatically?

For example, some third unit3 used TClass1 from the unit1 from which we moving TClass1 to unit2. In order to keep the code correct we need to update unit3 accordingly.

Edited by Georgge Bakh

12 minutes ago, Georgge Bakh said:

For example, some third unit3 used TClass1 from the unit1 from which we moving TClass1 to unit2. In order to keep the code correct we need to update unit3 accordingly.

No, you have to add unit2 to the uses clause of unit3 manually. You might also be able to remove unit1 from the uses clause.