ertank

Android service compilation fails

Hello,

Using Delphi 10.3.3. I have no problem compiling Android apps. I just needed to use a service to test something and I failed to compile. Below is error message I receive on a new Android Service project:

[Exec Error] The command ""\bin\javac" -d "C:\Users\Ertan\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\JavaClasses\Project2" -Xlint:deprecation -classpath "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\20.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidSDK-2525_20.0.36039.7899\platforms\android-26\android.jar";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\20.0\lib\Android\Debug\android-support-v4.jar";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\20.0\lib\Android\Debug\fmx.jar" -bootclasspath "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\20.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidSDK-2525_20.0.36039.7899\platforms\android-26\android.jar" -encoding UTF-8 -target 1.6 -g -source 1.6  .\Android\Debug\Project2.java .\Android\Debug\Project2ProxyInterface.java" exited with code 3.

I have no problem running javac on command prompt

C:\Users\Ertan>javac
Usage: javac <options> <source files>
where possible options include:
  -g                         Generate all debugging info
  -g:none                    Generate no debugging info
  -g:{lines,vars,source}     Generate only some debugging info
  -nowarn                    Generate no warnings
  -verbose                   Output messages about what the compiler is doing
  -deprecation               Output source locations where deprecated APIs are used
  -classpath <path>          Specify where to find user class files and annotation processors
  -cp <path>                 Specify where to find user class files and annotation processors
  -sourcepath <path>         Specify where to find input source files
  -bootclasspath <path>      Override location of bootstrap class files
  -extdirs <dirs>            Override location of installed extensions
  -endorseddirs <dirs>       Override location of endorsed standards path
  -proc:{none,only}          Control whether annotation processing and/or compilation is done.
  -processor <class1>[,<class2>,<class3>...] Names of the annotation processors to run; bypasses default discovery process
  -processorpath <path>      Specify where to find annotation processors
  -parameters                Generate metadata for reflection on method parameters
  -d <directory>             Specify where to place generated class files
  -s <directory>             Specify where to place generated source files
  -h <directory>             Specify where to place generated native header files
  -implicit:{none,class}     Specify whether or not to generate class files for implicitly referenced files
  -encoding <encoding>       Specify character encoding used by source files
  -source <release>          Provide source compatibility with specified release
  -target <release>          Generate class files for specific VM version
  -profile <profile>         Check that API used is available in the specified profile
  -version                   Version information
  -help                      Print a synopsis of standard options
  -Akey[=value]              Options to pass to annotation processors
  -X                         Print a synopsis of nonstandard options
  -J<flag>                   Pass <flag> directly to the runtime system
  -Werror                    Terminate compilation if warnings occur
  @<filename>                Read options and filenames from file

C:\Users\Ertan>

My version of "javac.exe" is located at

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_60\bin\javac.exe

I have seen some people having exact same error on my searches. No solution that I could find so far.

I am planning to setup a virtual machine to install fresh copy of Delphi 10.3.3 and test if working on it. Before I do that I wonder if there is something I need to check.

Thanks & regards,

Ertan

Here is complete output of messages

Build
  Checking project dependencies...
  Building Project2.dproj (Debug, Android)
  brcc32 command line for "Project2.vrc"
    c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\20.0\bin\cgrc.exe -c65001 Project2.vrc -foProject2.res 
  [Exec Error] The command ""\bin\javac" -d "C:\Users\Ertan\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\JavaClasses\Project2" -Xlint:deprecation -classpath "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\20.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidSDK-2525_20.0.36039.7899\platforms\android-26\android.jar";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\20.0\lib\Android\Debug\android-support-v4.jar";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\20.0\lib\Android\Debug\fmx.jar" -bootclasspath "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\20.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidSDK-2525_20.0.36039.7899\platforms\android-26\android.jar" -encoding UTF-8 -target 1.6 -g -source 1.6  .\Android\Debug\Project2.java .\Android\Debug\Project2ProxyInterface.java" exited with code 3.
  Failed
  Elapsed time: 00:00:00.8
Output
  Build started 12.01.2020 12:06:25.
      CodeGear Resource Compiler/Binder
      Version 1.2.2 Copyright (c) 2008-2012 Embarcadero Technologies Inc.

Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.0.5724.0

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Deleting file "Project2.vrc".
  Target BuildAndroidServiceJarFile:
      "\bin\javac" -d "C:\Users\Ertan\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\JavaClasses\Project2" -Xlint:deprecation -classpath "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\20.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidSDK-2525_20.0.36039.7899\platforms\android-26\android.jar";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\20.0\lib\Android\Debug\android-support-v4.jar";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\20.0\lib\Android\Debug\fmx.jar" -bootclasspath "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\20.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidSDK-2525_20.0.36039.7899\platforms\android-26\android.jar" -encoding UTF-8 -target 1.6 -g -source 1.6  .\Android\Debug\Project2.java .\Android\Debug\Project2ProxyInterface.java
      The system cannot find the path specified.
      c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\20.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(871,5): error MSB3073: The command ""\bin\javac" -d "C:\Users\Ertan\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\JavaClasses\Project2" -Xlint:deprecation -classpath "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\20.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidSDK-2525_20.0.36039.7899\platforms\android-26\android.jar";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\20.0\lib\Android\Debug\android-support-v4.jar";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\20.0\lib\Android\Debug\fmx.jar" -bootclasspath "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\20.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidSDK-2525_20.0.36039.7899\platforms\android-26\android.jar" -encoding UTF-8 -target 1.6 -g -source 1.6  .\Android\Debug\Project2.java .\Android\Debug\Project2ProxyInterface.java" exited with code 3.
  Done building target "BuildAndroidServiceJarFile" in project "Project2.dproj" -- FAILED.
  Done building project "Project2.dproj" -- FAILED.
  Build FAILED.
  c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\20.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(871,5): error MSB3073: The command ""\bin\javac" -d "C:\Users\Ertan\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\JavaClasses\Project2" -Xlint:deprecation -classpath "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\20.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidSDK-2525_20.0.36039.7899\platforms\android-26\android.jar";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\20.0\lib\Android\Debug\android-support-v4.jar";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\20.0\lib\Android\Debug\fmx.jar" -bootclasspath "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\20.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidSDK-2525_20.0.36039.7899\platforms\android-26\android.jar" -encoding UTF-8 -target 1.6 -g -source 1.6  .\Android\Debug\Project2.java .\Android\Debug\Project2ProxyInterface.java" exited with code 3.
      0 Warning(s)
      1 Error(s)
  Time Elapsed 00:00:00.63

I read "The system cannot find the path specified." along the lines. That I presume goes for "\bin\javac" as every other file/directory listed do exist in my system.

I am uncertain why. Registry search did not find me anything that I think is relevant. There is no "javac" location setting in SDK settings. I am clueless.

41 minutes ago, ertank said:

I am uncertain why. Registry search did not find me anything that I think is relevant. There is no "javac" location setting in SDK settings

As far as the SDK settings go, I believe it derives the JDKPath from one or either of the JDK settings:

image.thumb.png.179f90c7598c5dac85ac8e7da9fef85c.png

You can check this in the registry:

image.thumb.png.f2d197a77fa348cc997a5b07a748a2f4.png

That was it. My same registry key was as below:

image.thumb.png.e1fe77258b3596b812c56e368651aa11.png

After making it look like same with your settings Android Service compilation works fine.

I am not sure how that registry setting value removed in there.

BTW, I did also fix 64bit sdk value, too.

Thanks.

• Like 1