David Schwartz

ActiveMQ + OpenWire for Delphi?

10 hours ago, Rollo62 said:

... and somebody has stolen "OpenWire" from Boian's great component frameworks ... :classic_blink:

http://www.mitov.com/products/openwire#overview

As I said, I don't think they're related. Boian's stuff seems to be mainly UI stuff, although he's got a fairly significant investment in under-the-hood stuff. It's just not very well documented. (All the docs I can find are mainly about making components for the UI part.)

ActiveMQ and its relatives all seem to be designed for machine-to-machine solutions, not so much stuff on the same machine; while Boian's stuff seems to be mainly for things running asynchronously as parts of the same EXE.

I'm curious about something appropriate for bridging both domains.

Edited by David Schwartz

17 minutes ago, David Schwartz said:

I'm curious about something appropriate for bridging both domains.

Hi David , are you familiar with RealThinClient SDK ?

One of the most underrated libraries of all time yet one of the most powerful one, i can write about it pages and pages and still miss many things, i would suggest to you to download the trial and try to walk the documentation ( which is very short of explain every thing inside ), but the documentation have the ability to make you understand how it does work, and of course use the demos of the gate components i am sure you will be impressed.

To make RTC to act/replace like ActiveMQ you have the gate components they are not even mentioned now on the main site, but they are inside, and to feel the real power you have the remote functions and the linked objects, which i think what you are looking for.