David Schwartz

issues with non-Win platforms

I just created a new VM with a fresh copy of Win10 and a new license, then loaded in some common utilities and Delphi 10.3.3 Rio via the ISO.  (I realized I forgot to run the setup as Admin. Will that pose any problems down the line?)

It looked like all of the various options are enabled by the installer, so I just loaded everything up.

I started installing various libraries, and got to some TMS libs. They have the ability to select which of the different platforms you want to use. I seem to have bad luck with them a lot because all I get mostly is Win32 and Win64. All the others generate errors.

In this case, the MacOS platforms fail because there's a folder named Import that's not found. 

Earlier versions of Delphi have some kind of Platform Manager that let you install different options that I guess aren't installed by default, but I can't find it in 10.3.3. 

I loaded up the REST multi-platform demo and it let me add every platform other than Linux64. I didn't try to build anything, but in the past if you could load it, it would build.

Still the TMS installer chokes, but I don't think this is TMS' fault.

What changed from 10.3.2 --> 10.3.3 vis a vis the platform installation / setup / selections ?

I've had this problem with previous versions but was able to fix it by poking and prodding the Delphi installer and Platform Manager settings.

What am I missing here?  (Right now, I'm mainly interested in MacOS64, iOS Simulator, and Android64. All I can successfully install is Win32 and Win64.)

If you had TMS libs from before, like the TMS Component Pack, those are purely VCL for Windows.

There are currently two alternatives for cross platform:

1. FireMonkey + TMS FMX Components https://www.tmssoftware.com/site/products.asp?t=fm  (All Firemonkey supported platforms)

2. CrossVCL https://www.crossvcl.com/ - not compatible with TMS for VCL, afaik. (MacOS and Linux)

Disclaimer: I've not used any of these, only the TMS Component Pack for VCL.

10 hours ago, David Schwartz said:

Earlier versions of Delphi have some kind of Platform Manager that let you install different options that I guess aren't installed by default, but I can't find it in 10.3.3. 

The Platform/Feature Manager does not exist when using the Offline (ISO-based) installer, only when using the Online (GetIt-based) installer.  This is stated as much in the Installation documentation:

Note: If you use the Offline Installer, the Feature Manager (Tools > Manage Platforms) is not available in your RAD Studio installation.