Andrea Magni

MARS now supports Delphi 10.3 Rio :-)

Hiandrea,

congratulations it's a very nice project! I didn't know about the existance of MARS, I am sure that I'm going to use it next year for a REST project that I have to do at work. I'd like to ask you: is there a component for this library? Or I simply have to import the .pas files?

Edited by Alberto Miola

Hi Andrea,

congratulations is really a nice project! I did not know that MARS existed, I think I will start using it from next year to do a REST service at work. I ask you, is there a component linked to the library or do I need to import the .pas files?

Translated by google.

@Alberto Miola Please use the english language.

On 12/16/2018 at 1:29 AM, Alberto Miola said:

Hiandrea,

congratulations it's a very nice project! I didn't know about the existance of MARS, I am sure that I'm going to use it next year for a REST project that I have to do at work. I'd like to ask you: is there a component for this library? Or I simply have to import the .pas files?

Ciao Alberto,

thanks for the kind words and I hope you'll enjoy MARS. Feel free to ask questions here or open issues on GitHub if you run into troubles.

MARS is a library suitable for creating REST Server projects and also has a client library to build REST Client projects. You can use them independently one from the other (this means MARS REST servers can be 100% Delphi agnostics and this also stands for the Client library that can consume any REST service out there) or use them together and get some Delphi-to-Delphi specific advantages (like some FireDAC integrations).

Installation instructions are available here: https://github.com/andrea-magni/MARS/blob/master/docs/Installation.md

Let me know if you need help or if you have questions.

Sincerely,

• Like 1

Hi Andrea!

I'm glad to hear that you support Rio. Is there any plan to replace Indy on the client side?

Apple doesn't support OpenSSL for iOS anymore.

And thank you for this very great library!

Best regards,

/Pontus

3 hours ago, MrMe said:

Hi Andrea!

I'm glad to hear that you support Rio. Is there any plan to replace Indy on the client side?

Apple doesn't support OpenSSL for iOS anymore.

Hi, there are two implementation available TMARSIndyClient and TMARSNetClient. 

TMARSClient is actually an alias for TMARSIndyClient, to preserve backward compatibility but you can freely decide to use TMARSNetClient (as I do most of the times). 

3 hours ago, MrMe said:

And thank you for this very great library

Thanks for the kind words! 

Sincerely, Andrea

TMARSNetClient, I didn't look close enought!

This will make it easy to change my existing code.

Thank you!

/Pontus

In most of the cases, it is just a matter of replacing the TMARSClient with TMARSNetClient. Beware of references to the original component (i.e. TMARSApplication or TMARSClientToken). 

Also beware the master branch has a defect for 10.3 Rio packages (fixed in the develop branch). 

Sincerely