PeterPanettone

JEDI Installation Annoyances 10.4

you can not install .bpl files from other Delphi Version.

you have to compile the .pas files with the actual Delphi Compiler

you have to do some tricky jobs

you have to build the runtime (jcl) first, begin with the core packages

before you do this, set all the path's to the jcl directory

before this, it is better to copy the files on a second "no space included" path on a second hard drive (to simply copy the bpl files on re-new your Delphi version)

then you have to compile all you want by hand (this can take awhile, because you have figure out, which depend units are required

it is normal that you have to do some steps again.

but the actual jedi lib does not support the Community Version of Delphi.

my favorite Delphi is Delphi 7 from the year of 2002. it is 32-bit. but for the most of use (learning delphi) it is okay and make no problems.

I have install over 1000 components in the delphi Palette for Delphi 7.

one of the components are Jedi.

Dont mess your Time, use Delphi 7. It is a good start point.

Or take a look to Lazarus + FPC.

Hope this helps

• Sad 1

for sure you can do it this way... "IF..." the bpl is the same version than your IDE. pay attention ! (including is Debug or Release mode for DCUs files)..

at end, all compilation and building will create a "BPL" in the Public (or in arbitrary folder) defined... then, it's ok if it's ok!

summary: look at:

• BPL and DCP sub-folders... and see if the same pacakges names is in!!!  xxx.BPL and xxx.DCP (basically to VCL, ) 
  • the DCU files is used to compose your final binary, then, you'll need it!  else, you'll need PAS files, because the DCU will be create from it!

Edited by programmerdelphi2k

I compiled JclPackagesD270.groupproj to create bpl in community 10.4.2.

Now I try to do the same thing with jvcl.

paule3232, I need somthing free... I want to remember what I lost.

Last time, 25 years in the past when I was student, I worked for school in Delphi 6.

It is free Delphi 7? Or low price?

Edited by Carpathia

Delphi 7 there is not more support or it's shiped!!!

if exists on Internet is not by Embarcadero, you see? :classic_biggrin:

dont lost your time with: "it's better" "it's cool", etc... go ahead, if it's good for you, it's good!!!

Edited by programmerdelphi2k

7 hours ago, Carpathia said:

paule3232, I get .bpl file with your instruction, but I can't install with Install Packages. I get error and don't know what to do next.

You get an error message because the package you try to install is a run time, not a design time package  

I have a long history using JCL/JVCL and many times it is a major pain to install.  Then again it is free so you get what you paid for.

I could also say the same thing (sort of) for DevExpress.  You would not believe how much b.s. there is out there when installing that bohemeth.  I finally ran across a simple solution which worked - moved the damn thing out of the protected "Program Files (xx86)".

Edited by TazKy

My latest JVCL re-installation from GetIt after installing Delphi 11.3 failed somehow, missed all the paths necessary, had to add a path for JclBase manually. 

Angus

I never had any issue with Jedi, but i always worked with license Embarcadero, not with CE.

Just download 3 zipfiles from github, decompress them and run at cmd "install" two times. That's all. No path edit, no other things. Always working.

But not with CE, because there is no support to command line compiler.

Bye