procedure(const Task: IOmniTask)
		var
           lPlugObject: IPluggable;
        begin
               lPlugObject := FPlugProtocolFactory(lTaskPlugAndParams);
               // Can I use this?
               lPlugObject.Stoppable := function: Boolean
                  begin
                     result := Task.Terminated or Task.CancellationToken.IsSignalled;
                  end;

lPlugObject.Connect;
               lPlugObject.Run;
		end)

The PlugObject has an infinite loop inside the Run method, and sometimes it checks the mothod "Stoppable".

PlugObject is a plain object without threads or task, only a "repeat until false" loop.

I need to know if this use of anonymous can create problems with the threading concurrency in some way.

Thanks,

Eddy

Only testing the code yourself will show but I can smell a potential memory leak due to circular references caused by anonymous methods and capturing of the IOmniTask within itself - nested anonymous methods can be a bit nasty sometimes.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stefan Glienke said:

Only testing the code yourself will show but I can smell a potential memory leak due to circular references caused by anonymous methods and capturing of the IOmniTask within itself - nested anonymous methods can be a bit nasty sometimes.

Yes, in my tests I found some strange behaviours within the omnitask and reference counting, very hard to explain and to test.

But after days of pain I found the problem, and I am pretty sure it is not related to Omni or Spring. I am writing a microservices framework with mqtt using a library with some problems with threading...

Thanks and keep up the good job

Eddy