Sonjli

Generic Interface implementation

Hello,

I will always repeat that without mmx my team could be 5 times slower... thanks for this diamond 🙂

I only have a small glitch: when I drag a generic Interface (i.e.: IMyInterface<TDummyType>) over a concrete class that I want to implement that generic Interface, then mmx don't work. It  says that it can't parse the class.

Can this be solved?

Thanks again,

Eddy

Support for Generics is still very basic in MMX, but improvements are on the TODO list. That said, use cases like yours are always very welcome.

• Thanks 1

@Uwe Raabe - is there any way we can help in this regard. I just upgraded to the latest MMX and generic support is basically non-existent. I cannot even copy a generic class to the clipboard to paste to another unit. If click on the class in the the MMX window and select 'Cut' it deletes the class. Then if I paste to another unit it says "Nothing found to insert".

If I click on a generic class in the MMX window, the code just jumps to the top of the unit.

We love MMX here, any chance of open sourcing so others can help improve it?

4 hours ago, Dave Novo said:

We love MMX here, any chance of open sourcing so others can help improve it?

Unfortunately the conditions when taking over MMX explicitly forbid making the code or parts of it Open Source.

Maybe its time to revisit that with Gerrit? Does he still care anymore. The code is many years old now, and he is obviously off doing successful things with his mindmap software.