MarkShark

SynEdit preferred version?

Dissatisfied #2: Scrolling is quite slow if the text file contains long lines (even the overall file size is small)...

Just to clarify, the Turbopack/SynEdit page in github declares availability through GetIt. However, I am sure there is some latency between an update on GitHub, and the ripple through to GetIt. 

Can you give any prediction as to how long it will be before the latest version is in GetIt?

I will ask Embarcadero to update the Getit packages once the current versions is thoroughly tested and optimized, probably in a few weeks time. 

But the latency you mentioned is always going to be there, since the development is currently very active.  So if you want the latest fixes and improvements do use the Github version.

GetIt is a very useful tool, just a click to install, but if you want to be always on the piece and aligned to the latest changes is better to work directly with sources in github.

Hello,

I use old version : Synedit version 1.04 (2020-04-14) with TMS Scripter

I will migrate to Pyscripter version because of some new very interesting feature like Gutter.ShowModification. Thanks PyScripter for your job !

But I need time to implement these (must have 😉) shortcuts before :

https://github.com/Kryuski/Editor-Shortcuts

Edited by FabDev

14 hours ago, pyscripter said:

I will ask Embarcadero to update the Getit packages once the current versions is thoroughly tested and optimized, probably in a few weeks time. 

But the latency you mentioned is always going to be there, since the development is currently very active.  So if you want the latest fixes and improvements do use the Github version.

I understand the process, but it's good to have some sense of the latency.

Hello,

I try to compile this version :

https://github.com/TurboPack/SynEdit

On my Delphi RIO 10.3.3,  I try to compile "SynEditDR260.BPL" and I get this error :

[dcc32 Erreur] SynDWrite.pas(786): E2003 Identificator not declared : 'DWRITE_WORD_WRAPPING_EMERGENCY_BREAK'

Of course I have deleted :

{$IF CompilerVersion <= 32}

and it's work.

But when I open demos like "PrintDemo" I get some error about properties  that doesn't exists for exampe :

- SynPasSyn.options.AutoDetectLineLimit

- SynPasSyn.options.Visible

So does I use the correct version ?

Edited by FabDev

The master branch of https://github.com/TurboPack/SynEdit contains the latest version of SynEdit.

Apparently, the compiler directive should be

{$IF CompilerVersion <= 33}

and this has now been fixed.  SynEdit strives to be compatible with Delphi Berlin and later.  If you find incompatibilities please report them to the issue tracker so that they can be fixed.

There were many new properties introduced and some removed, so forms with SynEdit need to be loaded and saved again after installing the new version.   Just ignore the errors you get opening the files.

Hello,

I have miss something but in new version I have lost "Code Template" ( Ctrl+J Invoke code templates also called code snippets in Delphi). Something very useful !

In old version this worked fine :

https://github.com/pyscripter/SynEdit-2/blob/master/Source/SynEditAutoComplete.pas

I have updated old code source "SynEditAutoComplete.pas" but I need to manually invoke in a my Synedit.OnKeydown :

{
with fAutoComplete: SynEditAutoComplete.TSynAutoComplete2; 
  TSynAutoComplete renamed to  TSynAutoComplete2 because it's exist in synedit code source
}

fAutoComplete.Execute(Snedit1);

In attachment old sample "AutoCompleteDemo.dpr"

AutoCompleteDemo.zip