Very nice work, would make a lot of sense with chakracore.

From my understanding the chakracore project is stopped, although some additions were still done.

Maybe you can update us on the status of chakracore, and its current use-cases ?

Does it make sense to use it still in new projects ?

1 hour ago, Rollo62 said:

Very nice work, would make a lot of sense with chakracore.

Thanks! :classic_smile:

Maybe you can update us on the status of chakracore, and its current use-cases ?

You can read about their future plans here on the GitHub repo:

Version 1.12 plan

Overall plan

I think the current ChakraCore is still very nice if you need a high-performance scripting engine with JIT and GC embedded in your desktop application (with support for Windows, MacOS and Linux) and if ES6/partial ES2017 language support is sufficient for you: here are the  compatibility tables      .

Does it make sense to use it still in new projects ?

It depends on whether you need to support the evolving ES standards and if the opensource community can provide new features. Also, security fixes - IIRC, Microsoft plan to provide them until March 2021.

Edited by Ondrej Kelle
Added note of partial ES2017
  • Like 1

This looks to be just what I needed (javascript engine with com/IDispatch support), but like others, I'm torn on whether to use chakra core given MS have pretty much abandoned it (apart from security fixes). The 'community' doesn't seem to be achieving much, that may just be a timing thing (covid).

I'm definitely going to take a look at this though, I need something to replace ActiveScripting - I've looked at a bunch of libraries (yours included) over the last year and none had com/IDispatch support, or if they did they were missing other features.