Mark Williams

Batch Reading Emails from Windows Explorer

57 minutes ago, Remy Lebeau said:

That would require adding the unit to Indy's Protocols package, and then recompiling and reinstalling Indy.

I tried that route. Added to the protocols folder and then tried to compile IndyProtocols270.bpl. Got an error "Cannot compile package 'IndyProtocols270' which is currently required by Delphi 10.4"

23 hours ago, Mark Williams said:

I tried that route. Added to the protocols folder

It is not enough to just add the file to the folder, you would have to actually edit the IndyProtocols package to reference the file.

23 hours ago, Mark Williams said:

and then tried to compile IndyProtocols270.bpl. Got an error "Cannot compile package 'IndyProtocols270' which is currently required by Delphi 10.4"

Because it is still being used by the IDE.  You would have to remove Indy from the IDE first.  Have you read the installation instructions yet?

Just now, Remy Lebeau said:

Because it is still being used by the IDE. 

So presumably I would have to reinstall INDY every time I install a new version of Delphi?

Is there anything wrong with my alternative solution ie copying IDCoderTNef.pas to a separate folder along with IdCompilerDefines.inc. This compiles, although I have not yet tested if it works as I don't have any winmail.dat files.

5 hours ago, Mark Williams said:

So presumably I would have to reinstall INDY every time I install a new version of Delphi?

Only if you are planning on compiling the IdCoderTNEF unit into the IndyProtocols package each time.  Which you don't NEED to do, you could simply drop IdCoderTNEF.pas into your project folder, or Indy source folder, and have your project(s) refer to that unit as-is.

5 hours ago, Mark Williams said:

Is there anything wrong with my alternative solution

No.