mtjmohr

TServerSocket - TClientSocket Issue - Code from Delphi 7 from 2010

Now I have both 32- and 64-bit applications running on selectively different ports (which makes no sense, port 3000 is the real one in use by my software from 2010, ports 3001 (HL7SocketCollector x86) and 3002 (HL7SocketCollector x64) have been activated for testing purposes only. For this I had to create a different (for purposes of differentiation) ODBCname in both the ODBCad32.exe in the System32 and the SysWOW64 directory of Windows.

See the promised screenshot:

05-01-_2021_21-34-28.png

Okay, so here for the next steps:

• Solving potential issues also for the 32- and 64-bit versions of the FilesCollector and compiling it (PoC)
  • Check whether I really need the DLL and can pull all into one single EXE file without complications
  • Get an overview of Strings, AnsiStrings, WideStrings, and Unicode
  • Modify the "compressed layout" of the window to a better readable UI(X) and recompile the entire HL7-Server Suite in both (x86 and x64) flavours
  • Get a certificate for my software projects
  • Test: Compression and obfuscation (just "at home" for learning purposes)
  • Test: Product registration (just "at home" for learning purposes)

I will keep you in the loop.

And, once again, I want to thank you all, but especially @Kas Ob. and @aehimself, for the wonderful and utterly friendly help you have provided me to handle all this within just a few days. Thus, I have had the chance to learn incredibly much incredibly fast which I now have as a basis for further code development in Delphi and, similarly, other coding languages.

This has been a wonderful start into the New Year which, of course, I would like to wish you all belatedly.

And if you permit me to come up with a few other questions when they arise, I would be very happy, indeed.

10 hours ago, mtjmohr said:

And if you permit me to come up with a few other questions when they arise, I would be very happy, indeed.

Sure, but open new conversation for each topic. This conversation is already way to long!

Yes, absolutely, I wanted to close this issue here, anyway.

Is there an option where I can close it or does it have to be closed by a moderator or administrator?

Edited by mtjmohr

@mtjmohr It is possible to lock a thread - but that is usually reserved for threads going wildly off in an non-friendly direction.

Simply stop adding comments that are "off-topic" to old threads and start new threads for new topics instead.

Okay, fine, as already said, I will do that.

I hereby declare this thread to be closed 🙂

• Like 1