David Schwartz

10.4.2 installer deletes all GetIt packages, but does NOT RE-INSTALL!

Just installed 10.4.2 and it does a full un-install and re-install of everything.

The Good News is ... it reinstalls all of your existing libraries (eg., TMS stuff in my case) and preserves the IDE layout and settings.

The Bad News is ... it removes all of the GetIt packages and ... forgets to re-install them (?).

What's the difference between TMS libs and GetIt libs that it thinks requires it to remove all of the GetIt libs but not the other ones?

If this is intentional, the least it could do is leave a list of what you had installed previously so you can re-install them all instead of having to guess.

Edited by David Schwartz

1 hour ago, David Schwartz said:

Just installed 10.4.2 and it does a full un-install and re-install of everything.

Hi David,

Did you use the ISO or Web install?

If the Web, did you simply run the 10.4.2 install with 10.4.1 still installed or did you de-install 10.4.1 first.

Reason for the questions...I have become a little confused as to what exactly needs to be done with what.

1 minute ago, Ian Branch said:

I have become a little confused as to what exactly needs to be done with what

Just wait until patches are delivered via DOS 🙂

1 hour ago, FredS said:

Just wait until patches are delivered via DOS

or via DR-DOS, dont forget this editon with good tools on "package" :classic_biggrin:

hug

16 hours ago, Ian Branch said:

Hi David,

Did you use the ISO or Web install?

If the Web, did you simply run the 10.4.2 install with 10.4.1 still installed or did you de-install 10.4.1 first.

Reason for the questions...I have become a little confused as to what exactly needs to be done with what.

I didn't recall how I installed 10.4.1, so I went with the web installer. Their info says it's a "headless install" but it shows some command windows that require you to hit the Enter key a few times to continue. Other than that, it went pretty smoothly. It clearly removes the GetIt components, but stops before re-installing them.