Somebody found out, that DEC only compiled in XE7 or newer due to the use of new array syntax.

Development branch contains a version now which should be fixed.

I have no old Delphi installed, so this is not testest yet.

tbh you pretty much butchered the entire code for older versions.

I just gave XE a try and it fails on numerous things - not supported $IF/$ENDIF (it was $IF/$IFEND back then) - scoped unit names, usage on intrinsic helpers, AtomicIncrement and more I guess (I stopped fixing the code at that point)

Scoped Unit Names issues pretty much made me decide to make XE2 the minimum version I will support in my open source projects.

Even then, I still have issues every day so I typically run a build in every version to at least see if it compiles.. it's so easy to break things for different compiler versions without realising!  The next update to DUnitX and Delphi-Mocks will drop < XE2 support. 

TBH, I think we are doing the community a disservice by supporting very old (pre XE2) versions of delphi in libraries.. if we want delphi to continue we need people to upgrade occasionally! 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Stefan Glienke said:

tbh you pretty much butchered the entire code for older versions.

I just gave XE a try and it fails on numerous things - not supported $IF/$ENDIF (it was $IF/$IFEND back then) - scoped unit names, usage on intrinsic helpers, AtomicIncrement and more I guess (I stopped fixing the code at that point)

Somebody else found that out meanwhile as well and Development branch contains fixes for most known issues already. And yes I agreed: we shouldn't try to support every old Delphi version. I had rised this to D2009 with V6.0. I am not sure what the minimum version was before I took over. Maybe D5. I will raise it further in the future.