Nigel Thomas

8.66 installation for D2007 problems

Hi,

For info (I realise it's still in Beta):

I've downloaded the latest 8.66 from Subversion today. Installation on D10.1 was painless. Installation on D2007 ran into a couple of hiccups:

1) the runtime package requires VCLZipPack, which couldn't be found.

2) The RegisterComponents procedure in OverbyteIcsReg.pas tries to register the following missing components: TIcsTwitter, TIcsRestEmail, TIcsInetAlive.

Commenting out these allowed the design package to be installed.

Nigel

ICS is maintained using Delphi 2007, so is the best tested platform, provided I put the correct files in SVN. 

VCLZlip is controlled by OverbyteVclZip.inc, and the version in my SVN has {.DEFINE Zipping}. 

TIcsTwitter, etc were added six months ago to OverbyteIcsSslHttpRest.pas, so you probably have an old version somewhere.

Angus

Thanks Angus. I'd left behind the older BPLs when i removed 8.64. Did a more thorough cleaning job then tried again, "missing" components installed correctly. Still had the problem with VCLZipPack though, so I may not have been as thorough as I should have. When I looked at OverbyteIcsD2007Run.dproj it had a "Contains" for $(%systemroot)\system32\vclzippack.dcp (or similar, can't remember the exact naming). I deleted this dproj and updated the svn, then had a clean dproj without that Contains.

Whilst working on this I downloaded the latest 8.65 zip (for all versions, not the one just for Sidney) from overbyte.eu, to check if there was a Contains in that version's OverbyteIcsD2007Run.dproj for the VclFixPack. There wasn't, but what there is - and I presume it shouldn't be there - is a Contains for C:\Users\angus\Desktop\MagentaXfer2007W.dcp?

Nigel

Thanks, seems my local version of the D2007 package with VCLZip has slipped into SVN, will fix that shortly.   Always hate updating ICS packages, over 100 units to modify.

Angus

Hi Angus,

Although this is a bump of an old topic, it appears to be pertinent once more..

I've downloaded the latest 8.70 (tried both SVN versions and the ics870.zip file) and attempted to install in D2007, after removing the older (8.68) version.

Trying to build OverbyteIcsD2007Run fails with:

Required package VCLZipPack not found.

Nigel

Sorry, VCLZipPack seems to slipped back into OverbyteIcsD2007Run.dpr/dproj with the changes to remove it in V8.70 from more recent compilers.  Just remove it and the package should rebuild, You may have to also fix a missing variable in another old unit. 

I've now disabled VclZip from my master copy since I'm no longer using it now ICS supports TZipFile, so this should not happen again...

These changes are now in SVN.

Angus

• Thanks 1