Jump to content
FreeDelphiPascal

Where I can find the SSL DLLs for Indy?

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I'm trying to use the latest Open SSL available on GitHub (1.0.2u) and using it with Indy included in 10.4.2 but I get always an exception that Indy "Could not open SSL library". I'm using it on a SMTP connection.

Before the exception I get a messagebox with the message that is impossible to find the ordinal 4684  in the ssleay32.dll...

Is this (1.0.2u) the right DLL to use with Delphi 10.4.2?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Davide Angeli said:

I'm trying to use the latest Open SSL available on GitHub (1.0.2u) and using it with Indy included in 10.4.2 but I get always an exception that Indy "Could not open SSL library". I'm using it on a SMTP connection.

What does Indy's WhichFailedToLoad() function report after the error occurs?

5 hours ago, Davide Angeli said:

Before the exception I get a messagebox with the message that is impossible to find the ordinal 4684  in the ssleay32.dll...

Are you using 1.0.2u for BOTH DLLs?  Do you have other versions of OpenSSL on your system?  Try using SysInternals Process Monitor to make sure your app is actually attempting to load the correct DLLs you are expecting, and not some other DLLs.

5 hours ago, Davide Angeli said:

Is this (1.0.2u) the right DLL to use with Delphi 10.4.2?

It should work, yes.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/9/2021 at 4:51 PM, Remy Lebeau said:

What does Indy's WhichFailedToLoad() function report after the error occurs?

"Failed to load ssleay32.dll"

 

On 4/9/2021 at 4:51 PM, Remy Lebeau said:

Are you using 1.0.2u for BOTH DLLs?  Do you have other versions of OpenSSL on your system?  Try using SysInternals Process Monitor to make sure your app is actually attempting to load the correct DLLs you are expecting, and not some other DLLs.

I did a file search on my develop system just now and I could see dozens of OpenSSL versions on it  :classic_sad:... I suppose that some of it is loaded before the one that I want, so I forceed the path with IdOpenSSLSetLibPath(mypath) and now it works fine without errors. 

Just for knowledge, after search I could see that libeay32.dll+ssleay32.dll are present also in "c:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\bin\subversion\" even if this release is not the last "1.0.2u" but it is the "1.0.2n".

 

On 4/9/2021 at 4:51 PM, Remy Lebeau said:

It should work, yes.

Yes it work

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×