malobo

Delphi 10.4.2 Professional

10 hours ago, Lachlan Gemmell said:

Just curious, what kind of improvement did you see?

I'm also suspicious that LiveBindings is not the real cause of your problems. Like Dalia said, 10-12 seconds is a very long time. I run on similar hardware to you, although inside VMs which I give only 2 cores and a max of 8GB of RAM. Even with those constraints it would never take more than 2-3 seconds to load even my largest of forms and I haven't disabled LiveBindings.

Now everything works as smoothly as expected from the computer on which it is installed.

The opening / closing of files is instantaneous.

The feature nobody ever asked for strikes again.

I wish they would realize their mistake and make it opt-in instead of opt-out-if-you-know-how-to. Think of all the people that doesn't even know about this and just assume it's because Delphi now suck balls - learn to live with it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Anders Melander said:

The feature nobody ever asked for strikes again.

I wish they would realize their mistake and make it opt-in instead of opt-out-if-you-know-how-to. Think of all the people that doesn't even know about this and just assume it's because Delphi now suck balls - learn to live with it.

Totally agree. I did not give up that it had to be this way with the investment made in equipment. I was obsessed that in my previous PC, much less powerful, the work with D2010 was highly productive compared to the coffee machine that I now had to use.

I just couldn't let go...

Edited by malobo
  • Haha 1