Rollo62

TMS and CoPilot, and Delphi ?

Hi there,

I have just stumbled about the post here, about Github CoPilot.

When I checked and played around with some AI, like GPT-x, I can imagine the advantages this integrated KI might give to the programming workflow.

This gives me a strong push to check out the FNC for VsCode, since I use VsCode anyway for some web projects.

I'm wonderding if the CoPilot technology is limited to VsCode only, or if there are possibilities to integrate that into Delphi too ?

Github says "not yet", but I think that will be provided as simple REST API as well.

So maybe Embarcadero is already checking this out, this would be very cool to have new LSP + new KI one day 🙂

If we have a working LSP, we can talk about "LSP + new KI"..

besides that I do not think there are enough delphi projects on github to "feed" copilot.. compared to more popular languages like js, c# etc

Edited by Perpeto
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I would not expect much from a neural network trained on that few pascal repos hosted on github 😄

1 hour ago, Perpeto said:

Ibesides that I do not think there are enough delphi projects on github to "feed" copilot.. compared to more popular languages like js, c# etc

It seems to be good enough for TMS VsCode, and this IS Pascal language too.

The results and proposals of the AI looks very much OK, like the email verification and RegEx.

Focussing on the "Pascal" question, you better do not underestimate the current AI's.

I think they are quite able, to convert e.g. Javascript, C++, etc. to valid Delphi.

They show a high grade of creativity, and I would say they even might pass a turing test.

On 7/29/2021 at 8:46 AM, DPStano said:

I would not expect much from a neural network trained on that few pascal repos hosted on github 😄

What if it was trained solely from the contents of @Arnaud Bouchez 's hard drive?

• Confused 1