David Schwartz

Refactoring issue in 10.4.2 re: Rename

I've noticed that the Refactoring in 10.4.2 can't Rename variables that are defined inline, only those that are defined between the Procedure/Function line and the opening 'begin'. In fact, the more inline vars I use, the less often I see the ability to rename even things defined in the class declaration up in the Interface section.

I haven't seen anything mentioned about this. 

Edited by David Schwartz
  • Sad 1

Same here. In fact, using the Rename hotkey, Ctrl+Shift+E, while it works for pre-defined vars (sometimes) when activated on an inline var, acts the same as if it was activated in white-space, which oddly enough, brings up Incremental Search instead (as if you had it Ctrl+E instead).

Fortunately, SyncEdit works really well (Ctrl+Shift+J).

The RADStudio tooling still has a ways to go in order to catch up to the new inline variable language feature (first introduced in November 2018.)  IMHO complete support for the language feature should have been available before its full release as I believe releasing it half baked was a waste of a lot of goodwill.  At minimum, it should have been a user-enabled optional experimental feature.  

Last time I checked, some issues remain:

• Like 3