Angus Robertson

RAD Studio 11.0 Support

Can you please try and install the latest ICS from SVN or the overnight zip, we've made various C++ package changes (CPP 11.0 only) this week that should resolve the lib files not being updated, and fixes some CPP warnings.   

Same applies for any other CPP users, V8.68 is finished and will be released next week, so now is the time to test it installs correctly. 

V8.68 is a minor release, mainly install problems, added OpenSSL 3.0.1, and support for new HTTP request and response methods to help caching (Entity Tags), the REST component will now download files of any size, including resuming failed partial downloads, and HTTP error reporting is improved, as illustrated in the  previous post here that previously would have said just Abort without any explanation. 

Angus

Thank you Angus.

I downloaded the overnight zip and built the run-time packages again.  I did not bother with the design time packages this time as I don't need them anyway.

All built OK and I could use the *.hpp files together with the *.obj / *.o files to get HttpCli to work in a 32 and 64 bit test app.

I saw the exact same result as with previous overnight zip that I tried.

I installed icsv869.zip today with cppbuilder 10.3.3.

I had to change two files based on a post on the first page of this thread (see attached zip for modified files).

Common and VCL will compile and install with these changes.  I tested it with my project and it also works.

I tried to also compile fmx run, but it fails with:

image.thumb.png.cb797c883632b5b608f339c34fc938d0.png

image.png.fe7994b7c2924120da1625e74a4afcff.png

icsv869_changes_for_103.zip

We are aware of a problem building ICS packages for Win64 with Delphi 11 Update 2, aka 11.2.  Something has changed in the way Delphi searches for DCPs. 

Spent the morning making changes to the ICS packages, just finished testing, will be in SVN shortly. 

Rewrote OverbyteHttpMulti earlier this week, will check your other error, that will be in SVN by tomorrow.

Angus

Thanks Angus - I was only trying to build for Win32.  My attached zip file fixes it for VCL.  One change was adding a pragma link for ncrypt and the other was changing 110 to 103.  I have no idea about the Forms error for FMX though.

7 minutes ago, Angus Robertson said:

We are aware of a problem building ICS packages for Win64 with Delphi 11 Update 2, aka 11.2

Thanks for the heads-up

I'm still on 11.1

I simply link in ics .lib and .a files, built with 11.1

Any idea if I should rebuild these libraries with 11.2 when I update my main project to 11.2 ?

Edited by CyberPeter

I was using ICS libraries built with 11.1 for a few days after installing 11.2 without any problems.  It was only when I tried to build all packages with updated units that the Win64 issue appeared. 

Updated Delphi packages are now in SVN, sorry can not test C++.  The issue may have been the Win64 linker. 

Angus