ertank

Simple app for Android 5.0.2

Hello,

I am using Delphi 10.4.2. There is a very simple app (needs internet and network status permissions, 3 pages total) that I need to run on Android 5.0.2.

I compiled it with stock SDK 25.2.5 targeting Android32. When package tried to be loaded on Android 5.0.2 it says

Compiler error
There is a problem with the packet parsing.

Docwiki says Delphi 10.4.2 supports Android 6 minimum. Even Delphi 10.3.3 supports Android 5.2 mimimum.

I wonder if there is some "workaround" that I can use without installing an older version.

Thanks & Regards,

Ertan

6 hours ago, ertank said:

There is a problem with the packet parsing.

Are you sure the error doesn't actually say: "..problem parsing the package"? It is important to ensure that error messages you quote are exact, otherwise it may be difficult for others to help.

In your case, it may be an issue with the manifest (AndroidManifest.xml in the project's output folder). Can you attach it here?

7 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

Are you sure the error doesn't actually say: "..problem parsing the package"? It is important to ensure that error messages you quote are exact, otherwise it may be difficult for others to help.

It was in Turkish and I did not have access to original message.

7 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

In your case, it may be an issue with the manifest (AndroidManifest.xml in the project's output folder). Can you attach it here?

You can find it attached.

Thanks.

AndroidManifest.xml

16 hours ago, ertank said:

You can find it attached.

The xml in the file is invalid, because of a missinq quote on line 40:

image.thumb.png.5205fc9edd26802019174a01005d0e0b.png

Perhaps AndroidManifest.template.xml was modified and the closing quote was removed by mistake?

22 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

Perhaps AndroidManifest.template.xml was modified and the closing quote was removed by mistake?

That was my mistake. Though, it is still not working even above quote error is fixed. I was thinking, can this be because of new template values of recent Android versions? For example, I think Android 5.0.2 does not have following

android:usesCleartextTraffic="true"

Since my test phone has recent versions of Android, I had to add it in order to be able to test the app.

Edited by ertank

5 hours ago, ertank said:

Though, it is still not working even above quote error is fixed.

I expect that part of the reason is because the minSdkVersion is 23, which corresponds to Android 6. You should change %minSdkVersion% in AndroidManifest.template.xml to 21, and refer to the section "Important information about the NDK settings" here regarding changing the NDK settings.

Edited by Dave Nottage