Ian Branch

A way to collapse Defines in the IDE??

Hi Team,

Is there some way or a tool that can/will collapse defines in the IDE?

i.e. {$IF defined(xxx) or defined(yyyy)}.....{$ENDIF} and {$IFDEF xxxx}.....{$ENDIF}

I have a large unit with multiple defines used by multiple apps, and it is sometimes difficult to be sure that I am not duplicating or adding defines where they don't need to be or shouldn't be.

Regards & TIA,

Ian

Not at this stage.  The unit has grown over time/years and needs to be rationalised.

The trouble is identifying the relevant/individual conditionals.

I found one piece of code where the entire procedure between begin & end was covered by a conditional conditional and then within it I found a repeat of the same conditional.

Hence the desire to collapse the conditional so I can readily see what is in what.

Sorry, I misread your OP. I thought you were trying to hide the define statements themselves, not the code inside these conditions.

Edited by angusj

Well, you could put the code you want collapsed in a {$REGION} because regions are collapsible. But that's a lot of extra work--and more lines of code.

Try running the unit through Pascal Analyzer Lite. It is quite likely that he will explain something to you.