Bill Meyer

Issues with VirtualTreeView in DUDS

Not sure where to turn on this one. In 10.4.2 and in 11.0, attempting to build DUDS == Delphi Unit Dependency Scanner -- fails with a collection of errors. The first of them is reporting:
[dcc32 Error] duds.gui.forms.Main.pas(988): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'Sort'
On this line:
Sender.Treeview.Sort(nil, Sender.SortColumn, Sender.SortDirection);
Where Sender is a TVTHeader.

I do see old traffic about the "built-in Sort" of VirtualTreeView's TreeView object, so this seems unexpected, at best. Also tried in Tokyo with a fresh download of VirtualTreeView, and the build fails there, with different issues.

DUDS is at https://github.com/norgepaul/DUDS, and a fork which uses DelphiAST is at https://github.com/dontenwill/DUDS. the latter seems preferable, both for the use of DelphiAST, and because it appears to have had attention recently, while the original has not been updated in 5 years. In both cases, the error on Sort in:

Sender.Treeview.Sort(nil, Sender.SortColumn, Sender.SortDirection);
Is present.

If anyone is currently using DUDS, or is practiced in the use of VirtualTreeView, I would be happy to hear from you.

Looking at the first repository, it's 5 years old and I know the VTV has been updated extensively in those years so the DUD code may be expecting say version 5.3 of VTV or earlier. From V6.0 onwards there were significant changes. VTV is not shown as a submodule so I assume you are using a library version. You might want to make a copy and then check out an older version of VTV to see if it can compile.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, David Hoyle said:

Looking at the first repository, it's 5 years old and I know the VTV has been updated extensively in those years so the DUD code may be expecting say version 5.3 of VTV or earlier. From V6.0 onwards there were significant changes. VTV is not shown as a submodule so I assume you are using a library version. You might want to make a copy and then check out an older version of VTV to see if it can compile.

Thanks! I have reached the point where the Sort error is the only think I can't easily resolve, so it may be merely a matter of exploring the implementation in an older branch, as a model for how to proceed. DUDS used the old Sort to allow a common implementation shared across more than one TreeView. I suppose I could also reduce the problem by implementing separately for each, at least as a first approach.

Edited by Bill Meyer