Jump to content
kaarigar

Copy deployment across platforms

Recommended Posts

I am rebuilding an old multi-device application in Delphi Alexandria. The target was android-32. Now I want to build it for android-64.  I have added several files to android-32 like splash screen, data files, multimedia files, etc. etc. that I want them to be added to the android-64 platform. Is there any way to copy all relevant the deployment settings (Project->Deployment) from android-32 to android-64. How can I have them copied to the android-64 target platform? Thank you for your response!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

As far as I know you might be able to copy the relevant lines from within the .dproj file but there's no way I'm familiar with to push the "child" settings up.

This is why I'm always setting all information at the topmost level (All configuration) even if it's a Win32 build only.

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, aehimself said:

As far as I know you might be able to copy the relevant lines from within the .dproj file but there's no way I'm familiar with to push the "child" settings up.

This is why I'm always setting all information at the topmost level (All configuration) even if it's a Win32 build only.

Thanks - that is what I ended up doing. I should perhaps set up tje All Configuration as yiu suggest. But then the question what gets precedence - All Configuration or individual specific platform configuration.

Share this post


Link to post

Consider using GrijjyDeployMan to add multiple files, you can add an entire folder instead of files by files.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, vfbb said:

Consider using GrijjyDeployMan to add multiple files, you can add an entire folder instead of files by files.

Thanks, I will check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, kaarigar said:

Thanks - that is what I ended up doing. I should perhaps set up tje All Configuration as yiu suggest. But then the question what gets precedence - All Configuration or individual specific platform configuration.

Individual settings will overwrite the one set on the parent. What I really don’t like from this perspective is that there is no “force inheritance”. You change a setting topmost, but if the same setting has a different value somewhere, it’s not going to be changed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×