Avian

Recommended email tool?

Using Tokyo 10.2. I've been trying to modify some outgoing email code I set up a while ago using TIdMessage and TIdSMTP and such. It worked fine until I needed to accommodate port 465 and SSL. All the suggestions I found online to handle this were way more involved than I want to deal with so I started looking for 3rd party tools I could implement. I found EmailArchitect and downloaded the trial last night. It was pretty easy to set up and use, mostly pretty logical and straightforward. The price is okay too. Can anyone confirm that this is a good product or recommend anything that's better? My only concern with EmailArchitect is that although they continue to update their product (when I looked at their product history) they haven't seemed to do any Delphi updates in the last 11 years. That's concerning for me. Also, while there are lots of good samples included the documentation seems to be nearly non-existent. I'm good at just figuring things out but good documentation of a 3rd party tool is important.

Thanks in advance!

Avian

Edited by Avian

nSoftware has a quality set of tools that I used to send millions of emails... it can be expensive, but go for the Red Carpet Subscription to get the entire set.

On 5/28/2022 at 6:15 AM, Avian said:

Using Tokyo 10.2. I've been trying to modify some outgoing email code I set up a while ago using TIdMessage and TIdSMTP and such. It worked fine until I needed to accommodate port 465 and SSL. All the suggestions I found online to handle this were way more involved than I want to deal with

In what way, exactly?