softtouch

MSBuild error when switching platforms and try to compile

With Delphi 11.1 update 1 and firemonkey platform, with targets Win and macOS, when I compile for Win, no issue, then I switch platform and try to compile for osx, and get the following error:

[MSBuild Error] The "BRCC32" task failed unexpectedly.
System.IO.IOException: The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.CommandLineTask.CreateTempFileIfNecessary(ITaskItem basedOn)
at Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.CommandLineTask.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(EngineProxy engineProxy, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, ITask task, Boolean& taskResult)

When I exit and restart the ide, I can compile for osx, but the same error comes up when switching back to Win64 target.

I get the same error when I change anything in the project options. Even setting the icon gives this error.

I have this error many times but I think I found the reason

If I have an open project in the IDE and I update through git a library source from Github that it is used by this open project I reproduce this error

After that error I can go to Tools->Options->Editor, click save to any subtab and then write a space somewhere in the source

Either compile, or build, clear this error without requesting to restart the IDE

BRCC32 is to resource compiling, then, can some resource (*.res, *.ico, etc..) be corrupted or read-only when trying recreate it?

if you are using a "git/svn/mercury/etc..." this file can be in use in moment of compilation, by other process, or some like this! then the "res" files cannot be created!

I have this same problem in C++ Builder. No idea what might be causing it. Restarting the IDE seems to solve it.