Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm a little bit confused with Overbyte installation, I installed from get it package manager and choose the ICS FMX and VCL, but it will only install :

  • IcsCommonD110Design
  • IcsCommonD110Run
  • IcsFmxD110Design
  • IcsFmxD110Run
  • IcsVclD110Design
  • IcsVclD110Run

 

But there is another packages

  • OverbyteIcsD110Design
  • OverbyteIcsD110Run

 

In which I use it previously, so what is the difference between OverbyteICS and ICS package respectively, which one should I installed? I want to install for VCL and FMX.

 

And there is two overbyte entry in Get It Package Manager, the ICS for FMX and VCL component, and the ICS for VCL only. I haven't tried to install the later, but is there a difference between these two component package? Can anyone explain a bit about these packages, thank you.

 

Iwan CS

Share this post


Link to post

Look in the "install" directory: you'll find project groups for various combinations of VCL and/or FMX. That is stated in the ReadMe8.txt file.

About the two entries in GetIT, that is Embarcadero stuff. This is the same ICS for moth FMX and VCL. They just separated VCL from FMX. I don't know why.

 

And by the way, GetIT is not updated frequently. It is better to download ICS from OverByte webite. See http://wiki.overbyte.eu/wiki/index.php/ICS_Download.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, FPiette said:

And by the way, GetIT is not updated frequently. It is better to download ICS from OverByte webite.

If only there was a system where component authors could update their GetIt submissions whenever they wanted..... oh wait, we were promised that years ago, but it never materialized.....

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, FPiette said:

Look in the "install" directory: you'll find project groups for various combinations of VCL and/or FMX. That is stated in the ReadMe8.txt file.

About the two entries in GetIT, that is Embarcadero stuff. This is the same ICS for moth FMX and VCL. They just separated VCL from FMX. I don't know why.

 

And by the way, GetIT is not updated frequently. It is better to download ICS from OverByte webite. See http://wiki.overbyte.eu/wiki/index.php/ICS_Download.

Yes, i've seen the install folder and just found out that these two package :

  • OverbyteIcsD110Design
  • OverbyteIcsD110Run

actually the same with 

  • IcsCommonD110Design
  • IcsCommonD110Run

But still need both the vcl and fmx, so I think the OverbyteICS package is depreceated, you can't install both OvebyteICS and IcsCommon. I'm confused because in Sydney or perhaps in Rio, I use OverbyteIcs package while it has changed in the latest release. 

 

47 minutes ago, Remy Lebeau said:

If only there was a system where component authors could update their GetIt submissions whenever they wanted..... oh wait, we were promised that years ago, but it never materialized.....

 

Well hope this can get solved soon, let me try to refresh this requirement

 

Iwan CS

Share this post


Link to post

The content of the ICS packages has not changed in over 10 years or longer, since Delphi XE2 except for new units being added.  

 

If you want only VCL you install only the two  OverbyteIcsDxx packages, if you want FMX as well you only install the three IcsCommonDxx packages, as explained in the readme8 file.

 

Using the install groups is much easier, DxxInstall or DxxInstallVclFmx.  There is a Build Group in modern compilers, so a couple of clicks builds all the packages for Win32 and Win64.

 

GetIt is the same, VCL only or VCL/FMX. 

 

Angus

 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Angus Robertson said:

The content of the ICS packages has not changed in over 10 years or longer, since Delphi XE2 except for new units being added.  

 

If you want only VCL you install only the two  OverbyteIcsDxx packages, if you want FMX as well you only install the three IcsCommonDxx packages, as explained in the readme8 file.

 

Using the install groups is much easier, DxxInstall or DxxInstallVclFmx.  There is a Build Group in modern compilers, so a couple of clicks builds all the packages for Win32 and Win64.

 

GetIt is the same, VCL only or VCL/FMX. 

 

Angus

 

Already clean up my installation, so now I choose to install the VCL FMX package, not the overbyte package

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×