Sign in to follow this  
Cirrus22

Limit 10.4.2 IDE to one instance

Apologies, and maybe it's staring me in the face, but I cannot find it.

The help file shows the headings, but there is no detail on the RHS of the page, it's blank, so that's of no use. This is what it looks like.

2080062221_NoHelpDetails.thumb.png.e36046aee0e89119e78574c42eb770b3.png

Regardless, I just want to be able to limit the instances of the IDE running to 1. I'm using 10.4.2 Community edition. GExperts is installed. I've been all over it and cannot find where the checkbox is to limit the number of instances to 1.

Again, apologies if it's obvious, just not obvious to me.

Kevin

GExperts does not have such a functionality.

As for the help not showing: Is that a standard installation or did you copy the help file somewhere else?

The help file in the installer is definitely fine, I just checked. It's many years out of date though since I have never updated it.

Edited by dummzeuch

If you downloaded GExperts.CHM from somewhere yourself, it may be 'blocked'. Right-click in Explorer and unblock it in Properties. 

On 8/7/2022 at 2:15 PM, dummzeuch said:

GExperts does not have such a functionality.

As for the help not showing: Is that a standard installation or did you copy the help file somewhere else?

The help file in the installer is definitely fine, I just checked. It's many years out of date though since I have never updated it.

Thanks for getting back.

Sorry, I read somewhere on the internet that it was a function (to limit the IDE instance to one).

WRT the help file, nope, that's what was presented when I installed GExperts from your website.

Kevin

Edited by Cirrus22

7 hours ago, Cirrus22 said:

Sorry, I read somewhere on the internet that it was a function (to limit the IDE instance to one).

I seem to remember something about that on on StackOverflow. GExperts only shows a warning if more than one instance of the same IDE version is opened. I usually disable that warning because I actually want to habe multiple instances (for multiple projects on multiple virtual desktops).

7 hours ago, Cirrus22 said:

WRT the help file, nope, that's what was presented when I installed GExperts from your website.

Then I have no idea what the problem might be. You can download the help file from SourceForge just in case your version is broken.